Top 6 Things to Know for the Festival at the Switchyard
Excitement is building for the 7th Annual Carrollton Festival at the Switchyard on Saturday, November 5 from 11 am-10 pm. The Festival will be held on the streets of Historic Downtown Carrollton, located off I-35E at Belt Line Road.
Top 6 things to know:
1. It’s FREE! No entry fee or ticket is needed, and all rides and games, concerts, and entertainment are free (including headliner Barenaked Ladies). Bring spending money for food, drinks, and shopping.
2. Main Stage Entertainment: All day entertainment begins with local songwriter Chelsea Mayo. Next up is Carrollton Battle of the Bands winner Thrill Bill followed by Straight Tequila Night, a popular ‘90s country cover band. Dallas-based acts King Zero and Kelsey Lewis bring their own unique sounds and moving into the evening, country rock band Statesboro Revue entertains with their earthy tones and catchy hooks. Next on deck is Perfect Nation, a Prince tribute band. Shinyribs follows and promises a hip shaking, belly laughing, soul-singing, song-slinging, down-home house party. The fun reaches its pinnacle with headliner Barenaked Ladies as they finish out the evening with amusing, easy-going hits, along with a healthy dose of their notorious humor.
3. Games & Rides: Enjoy the extensive kid’s craft area, carnival games, bungee trampolines, zipline, inflatables, and more. All free!
4. Children’s Entertainment: An action-packed lineup begins at 1 pm in the Plaza Arts Center featuring local entertainers sure to give an enriching and enjoyable experience to children of all ages. The Carrollton Public Library will entertain with a story time featuring songs, finger plays, action rhymes, and puppetry. Don’t miss MerryMakers TOO Magic Show dazzle the crowds or the always popular Geppetto’s Marionette Theater with a show sure to entertain all ages.
5. Food & Shopping: Visit the unique shops and restaurants that line the Square, take a break in the beer garden, or enjoy a bite from Festival food vendors. Festival favorites kettle corn, brats, deep fried Oreos, turkey legs, stuffed pretzels, shaved ice, funnel cake, and of course, corny dogs will be offered. And so much more!
6. Parking will be extremely limited. Park and ride the DART Green Line to the Downtown Carrollton Station (regular charges apply; dart.org/fares).
Festival at the Switchyard is an official City of Carrollton event; a special event permit has been applied for in accordance with City requirements.