Top 6 Things to Know for the Festival at the Switchyard
Excitement is building for the 8th annual Festival at the Switchyard on Saturday, November 4 from 11 am-10 pm. The Festival will be held on the streets of Historic Downtown Carrollton, located off I-35E at Belt Line Road.
Top 6 things to know:
1. It’s FREE! No entry fee or ticket is needed, and all rides and games, concerts, and entertainment are free (including concerts by headliners The Toadies and Everclear). Bring spending money for food, drinks, and shopping.
2. Main Stage Entertainment: All day entertainment begins with a roster of Aerosmith’s top hits from tribute band Walk This Way. Next up is Fort Worth foursome Thieving Birds playing their cool blend of rock, country, roots, and blues followed by King George: A Tribute to George Strait, giving Festival-goers the chance to two-step to the greatest hits of one of Texas’ own. Austin’s resident rocker Emily Wolfe will wow crowds with her strong vocals and dominating guitar before powerhouse group Emerald City Band lights up the night with a high-energy performance featuring a three-horn section and all the talent one stage can hold. Next on deck is rock band Local H, a two-man set up from the Midwest that blurs the lines between hard rock, punk, and indie. Take it back to the sweet sounds of the ‘90s as Everclear brings their trademark melodies, rhythmic energies, and thundering guitar riffs. The fun reaches its pinnacle with headliner The Toadies as they finish out the evening with rock anthems that line the hearts and minds of local alt rock lovers.
3. Games & Rides: Enjoy the extensive kid’s craft area, carnival games, bungee trampolines, zipline, inflatables, face painting, balloon twisting, and more. All free!
4. Children’s Entertainment: An action-packed lineup begins at 12:30 am in the Plaza Arts Center featuring local entertainers sure to give an enriching and enjoyable experience to children of all ages. Watch in awe as Corean Gonzales tricks and flips her way through a seven-hoop performance complete with giant slinkies. Buckle down for the magic of the Grandpa Show with Shel Higgens. Will he escape the straight jacket on a ladder? Can he swallow the entire sword whole? Come see all the excitement for yourselves! Follow it up with a wonderful combination of dangerous, ridiculous, and amazing stunts from world champion juggler Josh Horton. Closing out the Plaza entertainment is a variety show for all ages that includes comedy, circus, magic, and flair from Landon Stark.
5. Food & Shopping: Visit the unique shops that line the Square or stop by the many trendy artisan booths. When you get hungry, you can give your feet a rest in one of our downtown restaurants or enjoy a quick bite to eat from food vendors offering festival favorites such as kettle corn, brats, deep fried Oreos, turkey legs, fajitas, funnel cake, and of course, corny dogs. Don’t forget to take a break in the beer garden!
6. Parking will be extremely limited. Park and ride the DART Green Line to the Downtown Carrollton Station (regular charges apply; dart.org/fares).
For more Festival information, visit carrolltonfestival.com.
Festival at the Switchyard is the official signature event of the City of Carrollton; a special event permit has been obtained in accordance with City requirements.