Carrollton is home to many different species of wild animals. Although none pose a significant threat to their human neighbors. These animals include armadillo, beavers, bobcats, coyotes, foxes, raccoons, rodents, skunks, and others.
Some tips to keeping a wild animal from taking up residence in your yard or attic:
- Close all trash containers
- If you feed your pet outside remove any remaining food before nightfall
- Store compost in proper containers
- Keep weeds and grass cut short especially near fences or walls
- Ensure wood piles are stored in proper bins
- Ensure your roof and eaves are in good condition, even small holes need to be covered.
- Cap your chimney, and cover all vents with a commercial product or a wire mesh to keep animals from nesting.
- Keep your garage doors closed in the evenings
Numbers and links to other wildlife sites and rehabilitators
|North Texas Wildlife Hotline||940-566-6350|
|Wildcare of North Texas||817-237-8500|
|Heard Wildlife Museum||214-542-5566|
|Texas Parks and Wildlife||800-792-1112|