Two (2) complete sets of civil engineering and architectural plans, no larger than 24"x36", are required for submittal along with the application form.
For new building projects, initial submittal may be either blueline or blackline prints or plotted drawings.*
Each set of plans, depending on size or nature of the project, shall include all of the following items.
Interior finish-out or remodels need only provide those items marked with an arrow --->.
- Site plan - indicating all setbacks, parking spaces, parking calculations, driveways, fire lanes, vehicle stacking spaces, sidewalks, landscaping, etc.
- ---> Site plan indicating specific location of the proposed lease within the building, parking spaces and parking calculations of entire site.
- ---> Floor plans.
- TDLR registration number to demonstrate compliance with state requirements for accessibility for projects exceeding $50,000 valuation
- Credible evidence that an asbestos survey has been conducted for modifications to existing buildings.
- Energy code calculations (using COMCheck program).
- ---> Exterior and interior elevation plans.
- ---> Wall and building sections and miscellaneous details such as corridor sections and details and other sections such as stairways, accessibility, guardrails, toilet plans, etc.
- ---> Door and window schedules and details.
- Structural plans such as columns, beams, roof framing, other framing, etc.
- Foundation plans and details.
- ---> MEP plans, including plumbing risers in all commercial food handling establishments and all commercial occupancies where chemicals are discharged into the city sewer system, including details for the chase used for grease hood vents; location of fire dampers.
- Final plat (show finished floor elevations where lots are adjacent to flood plains; show all proposed easements).
- Grading plans (include benchmark).
- Erosion control plans.
- Paving plans (include paving details and soils information).
- Water & sanitary sewer plans (including profiles for all sanitary sewer mains and water lines 12” in size or larger).
- Drainage plans (include storm sewer design). All designs must include detention requirements, drainage divides, drainage calculations: (A) Area, (B) Time of concentration, (C) Intensity, (D) Run-off coefficients.
- Screening wall plans and details, if required.
- Traffic control plans for construction within city right-of-way based on TMUTCD standards.
“As-Built” 24” x 36” bluelines and mylars will be required at final acceptance by the Building Inspection Department for items 14-18.
* After all tracking topics have been approved, the following shall be submitted for final processing: (2) 24"x36" Full Sets (architectural and civil plans), (1) 11"x17" Civil set and (3) CD's (plans in PDF).