Click Here for the Most Current Agenda
November 16, 2017
Property Standards Board Meeting
Orientation 4:30-5:45 p.m. Council Briefing Room
Dinner 6:00 p.m. City Manager’s Conference Room
Board Hearing 6:30 p.m. Council Chambers
ORIENTATION: 4:30 PM.
No public testimony will be allowed during orientation.
* Oaths of Office, swearing in of new and reappointed members
* Substandard structures, hotel ordinance
* Apartment crime reduction program
* Legal requirements
* Board organization, processes, and other business
* Welcome and briefing
DINNER AND BRIEFING SESSION: 6:00 PM: The dinner and briefing session is held in the City Manager’s Conference Room, behind the City Council Chambers. No public testimony will be allowed at the briefing.
CALL MEETING TO ORDER: 6:30 PM
1. Approval of minutes of the October 26, 2017 meeting.
2. Case PSB 2017-14. The Carrollton Environmental Services department inspected the swimming pool structure at 4017 Prestonwood Dr., Gates of Prestonwood Blk A Lot 29R and found it to be a safety hazard. Staff has requested a hearing before the board to issue a notice and order to demolish the structure within a specified period of time.
3. Case PSB 2017-19. The Carrollton Environmental Services department inspected the structure at 2822 Carriage Lane, Country Place Sec 4, Block 9, Lot 1 and found it to be a safety hazard. Staff has requested a hearing before the Board to issue a notice and order to repair the structure within a specified period of time.
Update to PSB Bylaws
Pursuant to State Open Meetings Law, the Board is restricted in discussing or taking action on items not posted on the Agenda.
Pursuant to Section 551.071 of the Texas Government Code, the Property Standards Board reserves the right to consult in a closed meeting with its attorney and to receive legal advice regarding any item listed on this agenda.