The Minor Home Repair Program for Neighborhood Empowerment Zones is to provide assistance to low and extremely low income homeowners living within the City of Carrollton designated Neighborhood Empowerment Zones to make essential repairs related to their property.
NEIGHBORHOOD EMPOWERMENT ZONE MAPSMinor Home Repair for Neighborhood Empowerment Zones Guidelines
- You have not received financial assistance from Community Development for housing rehabilitation within the past year.
- You must complete the application process and your application and the requested repair must be approved. Community Development staff will inspect the unit to determine if requested repair is eligible.
- Your property must meet all environmental restrictions and regulations including floodplain, historical, lead based paint, etc. Properties in the 100-year floodplain or floodway are not eligible for this assistance.
General repairs or modifications that achieve compliance with City of Carrollton Code of Ordinances or Comprehensive Zoning Ordinances that can be completed for $7,500 or less.
- Examples of Eligible Repairs:
- Retaining walls
- Tree trimming
- Also, assistance may be applied to use for junk car removal, trash and debris removal or graffiti.
For details, click here.