Receive up to $5,000 for emergency home repairs
The Emergency Repair Program provides assistance to low and extremely low income homeowners to make essential repairs or add structural accessibility modifications when owner-occupant lacks sufficient resources of their own.
Who is Eligible?
As a homeowner, you may be eligible for assistance under this program, if you meet all the following conditions:
- Home is a single-family dwelling unit located in the city limits of Carrollton, Texas
- Carrollton resident owns and occupies property as principal residence on a year-round basis for at least the past year with no intention to market, rent or sell the property
- If the residence is a mobile homes, resident must owned and lived in the mobile home for not less than one year and the mobile home has been located in the city limits of Carrollton for not less than one year. The mobile home must be stationary with skirting or on a cement slab. Owner must provide proof of these requirements. A mobile home is not eligible if it can be hooked on to and moved quickly.
- The home requires an urgent repair, which if left unattended, would jeopardize the health and/or safety of the occupants; or, your structure requires necessary modification(s) to make structure accessible to meet a medical or physical disability.
- Household income cannot exceed 80 percent of the Area Median Income Limits, adjusted for family size.
- Owners total assets (excluding home) do not exceed $35,000 and liquid assets do not exceed
$10,000 (For the purpose of this program, liquid assets include available cash, checking and savings accounts, stocks, bonds and other assets that can be easily accessed without penalty.)
- There must not be delinquency on any property taxes, school taxes to any taxing entity in Dallas or Denton County. This applies only to applications for a repair subsequent to the first one, and does not include accounts where payment arrangements are up to date, and must provide proof of arrangement.
To view all program details and guidelines, click here.
For assistance in applying, please contact the Community Development office at 972-466-9121 or firstname.lastname@example.org