The City of Carrollton is excited to continue its volunteer recognition program! Carrollton is grateful for the quality and quantity of volunteers we have, and we know that many of our important programs and services would not be possible without them.
Anyone can nominate a special volunteer in the community, and if you know more than one special volunteer, we invite you to submit multiple nominations.
2018 nomination applications are due Friday, January 26. 2018.
Carrollton Cares Leadership AwardNominees must volunteer in a Carrollton Neighborhood Organization, whose combined efforts contributed outstanding service to the Carrollton community. Examples of volunteer efforts could be beautification projects, outstanding board leadership and accountability, crime watch, and social events. Nominees must be residents of the City of Carrollton.
- Award selections are based on the nominee’s volunteer efforts and commitment of time, accomplishments, community impact and enhancement of the lives of others, as described on the nomination form.
- The Commission selects recipients of the Awards, based on the selection criteria.
- Recipients of the Awards are selected based on merit – without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, or physical/mental disability.
- Nominees must have been engaged in volunteer activities for a minimum of one year in the City of Carrollton and benefited the community in a substantial, important, or unique way.
- Nominees must volunteer in or be residents of the City of Carrollton.
- Students receiving course credits for their volunteer activities are ineligible unless the nomination is based upon volunteer service that extends beyond the course requirements, in which case it must be clearly indicated in the nomination statement.
- Nomination cannot be based upon court-mandated community service.