Carrollton is changing and your city government is committed to maintaining a high quality of life by providing essential infrastructure and public facilities. Our community vision is becoming a reality through these comprehensive and ambitious improvement projects.
For more information on these projects, please call: Engineering 972-466-3200.
- Capital Improvement Project Schedule
- City Facilities Projects
- Culture and Leisure Projects
- Street Projects
- Traffic Operations
- Drainage and Water Utilities
- Neighborhood and Urban Design Projects
- Regional Projects
- Completed Projects 2005 to present
Projects and Estimated Completion (Construction schedules are subject to change)
Capital Improvement Project Awards
- Columbian Club Pump Station Rehabilitation
- North Transmission Water Line
- South Main Street Reconstruction
- Fyke Road Lift Station Reconstruction
- Furneaux Creek 5 Channel And Trail Improvements
City Facilities and Culture Leisure Projects
To preserve competitive equity of both potential design professionals and contractors, the Engineering Department does not make individual notification for advertisement of capital improvement facility projects nor does it maintain a “pre-approved” list for professional services. When advertised, projects will be posted on the City Purchasing Web site and Carrollton Leader. Projects may also be posted on online subscription sites that include DemandStar and iSqft. Interested parties are encouraged to refer to the link below for general schedules of all current and planned facility projects. Additionally, engineering staff is available to discuss any project in detail and answer related questions. However, it remains the sole responsibility of the prospective design professional, contractor, vendor or other related party to monitor the referenced resources for actual project advertisement.
All dates shown below are tentative and subject to change without notice
- None At This Time
- Whitlock Lane Reconstruction (IH35E to Old Denton) - Scheduled Completion October 2017. - FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT TxDOT at (214) 320-4480.
- Old Denton Road, Frankford to Rosemeade - Start April 2017 - Scheduled Completion June 2018.
Old Denton Road Construction – Construction started in April 2017 for Old Denton Road between Frankford Road and Rosemeade Parkway. The road will be constructed such that two lanes of traffic will be open in each direction while it is under construction which is expected to last 15 months. The project is approximately a mile long and includes 6 new lanes of pavement with turn lanes and sidewalks, LED street lights, landscaping & irrigation, and other miscellaneous items. Residents are advised to take alternate routes during construction to avoid unexpected delays. Tiseo Paving Company will be performing the work.
For more information contact Tom Geier, CIP Manager, at 972/466-4230, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- FM 544 - Josey to Dozier - Scheduled Completion 2017 - FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT TxDOT at (214) 320-4480
- Alley Replacements 2016-1 - Amber #4 (Rabbit Run to Josey), Branch Hollow (Furneaux to Arbor Creek), Oakbluff #2 (Oakbluff to Arbor Creek), Kings #2 (Furneaux to Rose Hill), Grapevine #3 (Somerville to Grapevine), Dove Creek #1 (Willowgate to Plumdale), Waterford (Carmel to Lawnview), Carmel #2 (Willowgate to Carmel), Carmel #3 (Carmel Cir. to Willowgate), Springleaf (Carmel to 660’), Shannon #3 (Shannon #1 to Estates way), Shannon #1 (McCoy Road to Shannon Pl.), Mesquite (Dentonshire to Mackie), Yorkshire #2 (Derbyshire to Derbyshire), Wiltshire (Berkshire to Derbyshire), Nottingham (Staffordshire to Hampshire),Old Denton (Nottingham to Mirimar), Magnolia (Maple to Birch) - Scheduled Completion May 2018.
- Miscellaneous transportation projects Right turn lanes, improved underpasses (i.e. Sandy Lake Road and I-35E), synchronization of traffic signals Ongoing
- New Signals and Reconstruction - Ongoing
- Right-of-Way and Intersection Improvements - Ongoing
- Signal Retiming and Upgrades - Ongoing
- Rosemeade Parkway Street Light Project (Josey Lane to Kelly Blvd) - Ongoing
Drainage and Water Utilities
- Huffines Lift Station Upgrade - Scheduled Completion Fall 2018.
- Josey Lane Elevated Storage Tank Replacement - Start Summer 2018.
- Hebron Parkway 12" Water Line Rehabilitation (Between Old Denton Road and Prairie Drive) - Scheduled to Start June 2018.
- Indian Creek, Phase II Channel Improvements. Please click on link for additional information.
Neighborhood and Urban Design Projects
- Woodcrest Estates Street Replacements (Cecil Drive, Cecil Court, Camero Drive, and Malibu Drive) - Scheduled to start May 2018.
- Rosemeade 2 Street Replacements (Grasmere, Southampton, Devon, Conrad Circle, Elizabeth and four alleys) Scheduled to start May 2018.
- Woodlake 2 Street Replacements (Lockwood, Mill Trail, Yewpon Drive, and three alleys) - Scheduled Completion April 2019.
- Woodlake Addition #3 Street Replacements (Warberry, Windsor, Barton, Chatsworth, Oak Hill Road, Oak Hill Cove, panel replacements on Falkland and Chestnut Roads, and nine alleys). Scheduled to start Summer 2018.
- PGBT Interchange Improvements - TBD
Completed Projects 2018
- Alley Replacements 2016-2 - Peters Colony #4 (Peters Colony to Bellflower), Bellflower #1 (west end to Kimberly), Bellflower #3 (Bellflower #1 to Bellflower), Ranchview #2 (Kimberly to Ranchview #1), Luallen #1 (Raleigh to Brighton), St. James (Standridge to 660’), St. James (Standridge to Delaford), Delaford #3 (Delaford to St. James), Delaford #5 (Delaford Ct. to St. James), Brighton (Delaford to Standridge), Mayflower (Standridge to Delaford), Peters Colony #3 (Delaford to Standridge), Cutler Pl. (Peters Colony to Peters Colony #3), Delaford #6 (Peters Colony #3 to Peters Colony) and Chamberlain #3 (Cemetery Hill to Josey). Completed April 2018.
- Palo Alto Park Street Replacements, Phase 1 (Tecumseh Trail, Sequoyah Way, Terry Way, Geronimo Arrow, Osceola Trail and Pontiac) - Completed April 2018.
- Jackson Arms Street Replacements (Jackson Circle, Heritage Drive, Bunker Hill, Spicewood, Jamestown Court, Jamestown Lane and Salem Drive) - Completed April 2018.
Completed Projects 2017
- Marsh Lane, Hebron to Plano Parkway (Addition of Southbound Lanes) - Completed July 2017.
- Santa Rosa Heights Street Replacements (Gravley, Baxley, Hood, Spring, & Santa Rosa) - Completed July 2017
- City Wide Sidewalk Improvements - Includes sidewalks near schools - Completed July 2017
- Carrollton Downs Street Replacements, Phase 2 (Lakeland Drive and Place, Valleywood south of Ridgedale, Briarwood, Gateway, Northshore and Halifax) - Completed June 2017
- Old Denton Road, Trinity Mills to Frankford - Completed March 2017.
- Alley Replacements 2015 - Arles Lane #2 (Arles to Rochelle), Rochelle #1 (Sancerre to Rochelle to Arles), Hillside (Tierra Calle to North Trail) North Trail #1 (Oakwood to Meadowcreek), North Trail #2 (Lincoln to North Trail) North Trail #3 (North Trail to North Circle), Tierra Calle #2 (Hillside to Shannon), Lincoln #2 (Caroline to Lincoln), Saxony (Castille #1 to Rambling Ridge), Vista Glen (3718 Galloway to 2419 Vista Glen), Rosemeade #2 (Silverleaf to Silverleaf #4), Shadow Moss (Silverleaf to Silverleaf #4), Silverleaf (Standridge to 1320' south) Silverleaf #4 (Silverleaf to Silverleaf), Standridge (Elizabeth to Fairfield), Concord #1 (Luallen to Peters Colony), Concord #2 (Concord to Concord), Steenson (Luallen to Standridge), and Walker #2 (Walker to Walker #1) - Completed April 2017.
Completed Projects 2016
- Carrollton Downs Street Replacements, Phase 1 (Ridgedale, Valleywood north of Ridgedale, Hersey, Sparling Way and Towerwood). - Completed February 2016
- Keller Springs Village (Via Barcelona, Via Del Oro, Via Del Sur, Via Del Norte, Via Vista, and Columbian Club Drive) - Completed April 2016
- Marsh South Elevated Storage Tank Repaint - Completed April 2016
- Bobby Ballard Ground Storage Tank Repaint - Completed June 2016
- Woodlake #3 Street and Sanitary Sewer Reconstruction - Braddons, Wellington, Lymington, Kings, Meadfoot, Rose Hill, Albert, and Victoria (all streets west of Furneaux Lane) - Completed September 2016
Completed Projects 2015
- Carrollton Downs, Phase 1 - Alleys and Sanitary Sewer Rehabilitation - Completed March 2015.
- Hebron-Josey Library Remodel - Design Complete; Completed February 2015
- Hutton Elevated Storage Tank Repair - Completed April 2015
- Sandy Lake Service Center Administration Building - Completed May 2015
- Perry Road Sidewalk Improvements - Completed September 2015
- Old Mill Road, Briargrove to Marsh Reconstruction - Completed December 2015
Completed Projects 2014
- Santa Rosa Heights, and Barton Road Sewer Replacement - Completed November 2014
- Indian Creek Interceptor Sewer Rehabilitation - Completed December 2014
- Alley Reconstruction Projects 2012 - Completion December 2014
- Project #2: Willow Place, Southern Place, Springwood Place, Oxfordshire, Old Denton, Hampshire, Miramar, Earlshire #2, Wiltshire, Rosehill #3, and Rosehill #5.
- Project #3: Toluca, Taxco, Pueblo, Eldorado, Cordoba, Guerrero, Southampton #1, Hartford #2, Rosemeade Circle, Rosemeade, Kentwood #1, Camden Way #1, and Chesham Drive.
- Hill 'N Dale, Phase 2 Pavement Rehabilitation - Completed September 2014
- Water Replacements 2013 - Carter Drive, (North of PGBT), Eisenhower (South of Frankford), Halsey Way, Crescent Drive, Rosemeade (Cromwell to Standridge), - Completed May 2014
- Rosemeade Water Line Replacements (Cromwell to Standridge & Josey to Furneaux) Completed April 2014
- Downtown Trail, Phase 1 (Crosby Road to Hutton Branch) - Completed April, 2014
- Two Worlds of Keller Springs Village Street Reconstruction, Phase 2 - (Via Los Altos, Via Miramonte, Via Bravo, Via Sonoma, Via LaPaloma, Via Ventura, Via Blanca, Via Del Mar & Via Ballena) - Completed January 2014
- Hill 'N Dale Reconstruction, Phase 1 (Sherwood Lane) - Completed January 2014
Completed Projects 2013
- Alley Replacement 2012-1: Timberleaf #2, Timberleaf #3, Brighton, Mayflower, Walker, Ginger, Arundel, Chamberlain #2, Rambling Ridge #3, Vista Glen, Rosemeade #2, Bishop Hill, and Woodcreek #1.
- Plano Parkway (Parker Road North to City Limits - addition of inside lanes) - Completed September 2013
- Hutton Branch Sewer Rehabilitation (Josey to Valley Mill) - Completed September 2013
- Two Worlds of Keller Springs Street Reconstruction - Phase 3 - (Via Avenida, Via Del Plata, Via Avenida Circle, Via Estrada - Completed September 2013
- Street Replacements 2012 - Rolling Hills, Rayswood, Scott Mill (North of Frankford) - Completed July 2013
- Hartford Drive - Completed July 2013
- Crosby Sewer (Hutton to IH35E) - Completed March 2013
- Furneaux Creek Channel Improvements - Old Denton to Mccoy - Completed March 2013
- Furneaux Creek Channel Improvements - Rosemeade to Hebron - Completed March 2013
Completed Projects 2012
- Furneaux Creek Channel Improvements - Frankford to Kelly - Completed June 2012
- Cherokee Path Sewer - Completed June 2012
- High Country Drainage Improvements at Meadow Lane - Completed June 2012
- Water Replacements 2011 - Villas of Josey Ranch Apts., Parkside Village Apts., Province Drive, Gallante Drive, Cologne Drive, and Sonata Drive - Completed May 2012
- Canterbury Drive Reconstruction - Completed April 2012
- Monetary Lane Lift Station - Completed October 2012
- Two Worlds of Keller Springs Village Street Reconstruction, Phase I - (Willowgate Lane, Via Corona, Via Cordova, Via Dos Mundos, Via Balboa, Via Madonna, Via Valencia, and Via Catalina) - Completed November 2012
- Diplomat Drive - Hutton to City Limits - Completed December 2012
Completed Projects 2011
- Park Place Subdivision Phase II- Completed December 2011
- Downtown Retention Pond - Completed December 2011
- Trinity Mills Road Reconstruction - Willowgate Lane to Midway Road - Completed January 2011
- Furneaux Lane - Frankford to Winterberry - Completed January 2011
- Water Replacements 2010 - Trinity Crossing Apts., Lakeshore Condominiums, County Trail Apts., Toulon Lane, Clermont Court, Lyon Court, and Gardanne - Completed June 2011
- Alley Replacements - Rosemeade, Marble Falls, Somerville, Grapevine, Tierra Calle, Oakwood, Northridge, Northland, and Estates Way - Completed June 2011
- Frankford - Standridge to Josey - Completed September 2011
- Champion Circle - East of Hutton - Completed September 2011
- IH35E Sewer (College to Sandy Lake) Completion July 2011
- Crosby Road Reconstruction - Broadway to Josey - Completed October 2011
- Fyke Road Lift Station - Completed October 2011
- Dozier Road 12" Water Line - Completed November 2011
Completed Projects 2010
- Miscellaneous Water Improvements 2009 (Waterford & Tallows Apts.) - Completed May 2010
- Furneaux Creek Sanitary Sewer - Furneaux Lane to Branch Hollow - Completed May 2010
- Dickerson Road - From Trininty Mills to Frankford - Completed June 2010
- Furneaux Creek Channel Improvements & Sanitary Sewer - Frankford to Furneaux Lane - Completed June 2010
- Woodlake #3 (Highbury, Carlton, Abbey, Abbey Cove)- Completion June 2010
- Midway Road - PGBT to Hebron - Inside Lanes - Completed 2010
- Champion Drive - Completed September 2010
- South Main Street - Belt Line to DART tracks - Completed October 2010
- Park Place Subdivision, Phase I - Completed November 2010
- Columbian Club Pump Station - Electrical & Pump Improvements - Completion December 2010
Completed Projects 2009
- Columbian Club Pump Station Building and Piping Improvements - Completed February 2009
- Tarpley Drive - From Simpson to south of Kellway - Completed April 2009
- Peters Colony Road - From Paxton to Furneaux - Completed May 2009
- North Transmission Line - Elm Fork Treatment Plant to Bobby Ballard Pump Station - Completed May 2009
- Old Denton Road Reconstruction - Completed June 2009
- Standridge Drive - From Rosemeade to Chesterfield - Completed August 2009
- Frances Perry Estates - Completed August 2009
- Hutton Branch Channel Improvements - Josey to Kelly - Completed November 2009
- Miscellaneous Sewer Line Replacement (14 Locations) - Completed November 2009
Completed Projects 2008
- Kelly Boulevard (Interlocal Agreement with city of Dallas) - Rosemeade to Michaelangelo - Completed March 2008
- McCoy Road Reconstruction - Jackson to Trinity Mills - Completed January 2008
- Old Mill Road Completed February 2008
- McCoy Water Line Replacement - Keller Springs to Jackson - Completed January 2008
- Carrollton Highlands Street Reconstruction - Highland, Tartan, Balmoral, Perry (Belt Line to Crosby) - Completed February 2008
- Woodlake Pond Dredging - Completed June 2008
- Belt Line Road Widening/Reconstruction - Maryland to Jackson - Completed July 2008
- Alley Reconstruction - Christie, Stefani Court, Jennifer Court, Winterberry, Furneaux, Lookout Place, Stainglass, Shannon, Shannon Court, and Courtland - Completed September 2008
- Belt Line Screening Wall - Sparling Way to Hersey - Completed October 2008
- Hutton Branch Sanitary Sewer Replacement - Vida del Plata to Country Square - Completed December 2008.
- Country Place Sewer Line Replacement - Completed December 2008
- Belt Line Road Reconstruction - Milam to Webb Chapel - Completed Feb. 2007
- Furneaux Creek Channel Improvements & Sanitary Sewer - Frankford to Woodlake Dam - Completed December 2007
- Kelly Boulevard Road Reconstruction - Keller Springs to Trinity Mills - Completed June 2007
- Marsh North Elevated Storage Tank - Completed Jan. 2007
- Miscellaneous Water & Sewer Lines 2005 - Various locations - Completed Feb. 2007
- Oak Creek Park Improvements - Completion Fall 2007
- Miscellaneous Water Line Replacement 2006 - Woodlake No. 2 & 4,Ridgecrest No. 1 - Completion Aug. 2007
- Parks Maintenance Facility - 2205 Sandy Lake Road (Rural America site) - Completed April 2007
- Rosemeade Pool Renovation -Completed June 2007
- Scott Mill Road Reconstruction - From Trinity Mills to Frankford - Completed March 2007
- Thomas Pool Renovation -Completed June 2007
- Alley Reconstruction - Timberleaf, Lands End, Plumdale, Ramblewood, Yorkshire, Dentonshire, Derbyshire Place, Austin & Lakewood - Completed July 2006
- Golden Bear Booster Pump Station - Tarpley Road - Completed March 2006
- Highland Creek Channel Improvement - Completed January 2006
- Holiday Park Street and Waterline Improvements Phase 2 - Foxcrost, Wintergreen, Burning Tree, School - Completed August 2006
- Sutter's Mill Street Reconstruction - From McCoy Road to cul-de-sac - Completed March 2006
- Kelly Boulevard Road Reconstruction - Belt Line Road to Columbian Club - Completed November 2006
- Crosby Estates Sanitary Sewer Phase 2 - Completed December 2006
- Hutton Branch Drainage - Keller Springs to Jamestown - Completed Dec. 2006
- Alley Reconstruction - Osceola, Terry Way, Cherrywood, Geronimo Arrow, Conrad, Devon, Westminster, Hartford and Sancerre - Completed December 2005
- Broadway Street to Denton Drive Sanitary Sewer Replacement - Completed May 2005
- Crosby Estates Sanitary Sewer Phase 1 - Completed December 2005
- Dudley Branch Sanitary Sewer Segment 2 - Old Denton Road to Virginia Pine along Dudley Branch Creek - Completed August 2005
- Holiday Park Street and Waterline Improvements Phase 1 - Perry, Moonbeam, Appletree, Fairfax, Chevy Chase - Completed August 2005
- Rollingwood Estates Ph. 2 Paving and Sidewalk Improvements Completed April 2005
- Sandy Lake Road - PGBT to McInnish Park - Completed October 2005
- Statler/Haymeadow/Wildrose/Windhaven Street Reconstruction - Completed August 2005