The latest technology helps Carrollton provide the best services
Information technology services in Carrollton are provided by the city’s technology partner, Xerox, formerly Affiliated Computer Services (ACS), whose headquarters are located in Norwalk, CT. Xerox provides an on site team of IT professionals who manage most of the city’s IT resources. Since 1998, Xerox has implemented significant improvements to the city’s IT infrastructure, including a wireless wide area network; a four site Simulcast 800 MHz radio system shared with the Town of Addison and the City of Farmers Branch; and a state of the art audio-visual system in the city’s council chambers.
The City of Carrollton and Xerox view their relationship as a strategic partnership, promoting innovative uses of technology to improve business processes and deliver cost-effective, accessible and interactive customer services. Safety and security of information along with sustainability are critical building blocks of their technology partnership.
As part of its contract with the City, which is currently set to expire in 2023, Xerox provides the following Information Technology Services to Carrollton.
- Management and operation of the city’s data center, including servers, storage area, security networks, the city’s web page, and network connectivity
- Support of departmental business applications, for example, utility billing and collections, computer aided dispatch, and enterprise work orders
- Management of the city’s voice and data networks, microwave ring
- Support of the city’s end user environment, including PC’s, printers, scanners, tablets, and telephones
- Management and support of wireless technology – wireless wide area network, mobile data computing, and Internet connectivity
- Management of the 800 MHz Radio System for all mobile and portable radios, the prime Simulcast site in Carrollton, and three other broadcast sites in Addison and Farmers Branch
- Support of audio visual systems, including the Council Chambers
- Management of IT security systems and procedures, as well as facility alarms, access control systems, and video surveillance
- Third party vendor relationship management for suppliers of hardware, software, and other IT services such as Project management
Information Technology Services contacts
Lon Fairless, IT Director City of Carrollton
1945 E. Jackson Rd, 2nd floor
Carrollton, TX 75006