How old do I have to be to volunteer at the library?
You must be at least 13 years old to volunteer at the Library.
How can I volunteer at the library?
The Library’s volunteer opportunities are listed through the City's Job Application Portal.
- Go to the City’s Job Application Portal
- Click "Go" under Begin Your Search, leaving Dallas/Fort Worth selected as the City
- Scroll to the Library section of the page
- Click the name of a volunteer opportunity to read the description
- Check the box in front of the volunteer job for which you want to apply
- Click "Proceed to Registration" to start your application
If there are no volunteer positions listed in the Library section, look for opportunities with other departments or check back later.
If you are a TEEN interested in becoming more involved with the library, the League of Extraordinary Teens is the group for you! Help us plan teen events, choose books and more for the teen collection, and make the library a fun hangout for teens. Learn more about the League of Extraordinary Teens .
Can I serve my court appointed volunteer hours at the library?
No. The library does not accept court appointed volunteers. View agencies that offer hours for court appointed volunteers.