If an item is checked out or available only at the other Library location, you may place a hold to reserve that item.
- 20 on an established Library card
- 5 on a new Library card
- Items held for 7 days on the holdshelf
- Hold Available Notices sent to email(s) listed in your account
- Use the "Request It" button in OneSearch or the "place hold" button in the catalog
- Enter your Library card number OR user name
- Enter your PIN/password
- Select a pickup location
Placing a hold on an AVAILABLE item does NOT stop someone already at the Library from taking the item from the shelf and checking it out.
Call the Library at 972-466-4800 for same day pickup of available items.
TIP: If you discover during a Library visit that a title is only available at the other location, ask staff at the service desk to place the hold BEFORE you drive to the other Library. They can call the other location to pull the item for you, so you will know it is definitely available.
In the Holds section of your account, look at the status column to see where you are in line:
- 3 of 13 holds
- "Ready" - you have until the "Pick up by" date to come check it out
"Freeze" unfilled holds to SAVE your place in line when you're on vacation or otherwise unavailable.
- STATUS cannot be "IN TRANSIT" or "Ready. Must pick up by..."
- You must unfreeze frozen holds yourself. Staff CANNOT unfreeze them.