If you cannot find an item in the Carrollton Public Library catalog, ask for help at the service desk. A Library staff member will:
- confirm the item is not in the Carrollton Public Library collection
- offer to check another area library's collection where you could borrow the item for free
- give you the Carrollton Public Library Interlibrary Loan Form to complete
- have a $2.25 postage/courier reimbursement fee for each filled Interlibrary Loan request including Federal Census Records on microfilm. This charge must be paid even if you choose not to come pick up the item.
- cannot be requested if item was published within the past year
- cannot be requested if item is genealogical material other than Census microfilm
- may not be available for loan if a media item other than a book
- cannot be filled if unpaid fees on your account exceed the maximum when combined with the interlibrary loan charge. Please pay any fees owed before making the request.
Suggesions for Purchase
A “May I Suggest?” form is available at the service desk of each Library. Library staff are available to help you with your information needs such as checking other area libraries for a title or submitting an Interlibrary Loan request.
All purchases are made in accordance with Library priorities and the current city budget. If an item is purchased, it will appear in the catalog and holds can then be placed on the item.
TexShare Card ProgramThe Carrollton Public Library participates in the TexShare Card Program. Eligibility requirements to be issued a TexShare Card by the Carrollton Public Library:
- Carrollton Public Library cardholder for 6 months or longer
- no overdue materials
- fees owed less than $10
- a Texas Driver License or ID
Finding Other TexShare Libraries
Check the Find a TexShare Library page to see if another Texas library participates and find out about their lending policy.