Beginning in 1900, local merchants started forming what is now the Downtown Carrollton Square. By 1913 when Carrollton incorporated, the Square was the center of a thriving community with rail access in every direction. The first gazebo was built in 1921. The gazebo soon became a place for concerts, speeches, and Saturday dances - providing entertainment and a community focal point for people in Carrollton.
To view pictures from the past, check out our kiosk downtown!