Planning & Zoning Commission
January 4, 2018
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 2nd Floor
CITY HALL, 1945 E. Jackson Road
(Links below are to PDF files for individual case reports. Due to images, some files may be quite large. For best results, "right-click" and "save target as" to your own hard drive, then open the PDF file from there.)
The complete Planning and Zoning Packet can be found here.
TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
Dinner and BRIEFING session: 5:45 pm: The dinner and work session is held in the City Council Briefing Room, behind the City Council Chambers. No public testimony will be allowed during the briefing or training session.
1. MINUTES: Approval of the minutes of the December 7, 2017.
2. Consider And Act On A Final Plat For Lots 1 & 2, Block A Luna Center Addition For An Approximately 52.72-Acre Tract Located On The Northeast Corner Of Belt Line Road And Luna Road. Case No. 01-18FP1 Luna Center Addition Lots 1 & 2, Block A. Case Coordinator: Molly J. Coryell.
3. Consider And Act On A Final Plat For Castle Hills-Phase 10 Carrollton Addition For An Approximately 111-Acre Tract Located In The Vicinity Of The Northwest Corner Of Josey Lane And Parker Road. Case No. 01-18FP2 Castle Hills-Phase 10 Carrollton Addition. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
4. Consider And Act On A Final Plat For Lenox Castle Hills For An Approximately 21-Acre Tract Located In The Vicinity Of The Northwest Corner Of Josey Lane And Parker Road. Case No. 01-18FP3 Lenox Castle Hills. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
5. Consider A Replat Of Lot 1R, Block 1 Operation Kindness For An Approximately 5.0432-Acre Tract Located At 3201 Earhart Drive. Case No. 01-18RP2 Lot 1R, Block 1 Operation Kindness. Case Coordinator: Molly J. Coryell.
6. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider An Ordinance Amending The Zoning On An Approximately 10.5-Acre Tract Zoned PD-5 For The (LR-2) Local Retail District And Located On The Northeast Corner Of Old Denton Road And Raiford Road To Amend Planned Development District 5 To Allow For Multifamily, Townhomes, Restaurant, And Retail Mixed-Use With Development Standards; Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. 01-18Z1 Furneaux Creek Square (Raiford). Case Coordinator: Loren Shapiro.
7. Hold A Public Hearing And Consider An Ordinance To Amend The Zoning On An Approximately 24.581‐Acre Tract Zoned Downtown Transit Center, Urban Fringe And Urban General, Located On The East Side Of Denton Drive, And North Side Of Hutton Branch Creek To Establish A Planned Development To Allow For The (SF-5/12) Single Family Residential And The (SF-TH) Single Family Townhouse Residential Districts; Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. 11-17Z1 Creekside At Thomas Park. Case Coordinator: Loren Shapiro.
- Election of Vice-Chair and Second Vice-Chair
- Staff Reports
VISITORS’ COMMENTS: Hearing of any citizen/visitor on items not listed on the regular agenda: Pursuant to State Open Meetings Law, the Planning and Zoning Commission is restricted in discussing or taking action on items not posted on the agenda. Action on the issue can only be taken at a future meeting.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS AND THE PUBLIC
The Planning & Zoning Commission holds regular meetings on the first Thursday of each month. Special meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month as needed. If a meeting date is canceled or postponed, notice will be posted at City Hall. The Planning & Zoning Commission follows the printed agenda.
On zoning cases, the Planning & Zoning Commission makes recommendations to the City Council. The Commission's recommendation will be scheduled for City Council action approximately four (4) weeks after the Planning & Zoning Commission meeting. On final plats, replats, preliminary plats, reapprovals of plats and certain miscellaneous development applications, action of the Planning & Zoning Commission is final. Please contact the Planning Department at 972-466-3040, via e-mail or visit our website if you have questions or need additional information regarding any agenda item.
This building is wheelchair accessible. For accommodations or signed interpretive services, please contact the City Secretary's office 48 hours in advance of this meeting at 972-466-3021.