Planning & Zoning Commission
July 7, 2016 - 7:00 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 2nd Floor
CITY HALL, 1945 E. Jackson Road
(Links below are to PDF files for individual case reports. Due to images, some files may be quite large. For best results, "right-click" and "save target as" to your own hard drive, then open the PDF file from there.)
If you prefer a single file with the entire agenda, click here.
DINNER AND BRIEFING SESSION: 5:45 PM: The dinner and briefing session is held in the City Council Briefing Room, behind the City Council Chambers. No public testimony will be allowed at the briefing.
TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
2. Consider And Act On A Final Plat For Heritage Gardens, Part 3, For An Approximately 2.75-Acre Tract Located At 2115 Denton Drive. Case No. 07-16FP1 Heritage Gardens, Part 3. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
3. Consider And Act On A Replat For Lincoln Place Addition, Phase 2, For An Approximately 8-Acre Tract Located At The Southwest Corner Of Belt Line Road And IH-35E. Case No. 07-16RP1 Lincoln Place Addition, Phase 2. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
4. Consider And Take Final Action On A Technical Site Plan For A Public School On Approximately 32.9 Acre Tract Located On The North Side Of Hebron Parkway Between Arbor Creek And The Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad And Zoned (SF-7/14) Single-Family District with SUP 272 for a Private School. Case No. 07-16TSP1 Trivium Academy. Case Coordinator: Loren Shapiro.
5. Consider And Take Final Action On An Alternate Façade Plan For An Approximately 6.7 Acre Tract Located At 1600 Metrocrest Drive, And Zoned For (HC) Heavy Commercial District. Case No. 07-16MD1 (Alt. Façade) Lennox Industries. Case Coordinator: Chris Bohen.
6. Public Hearing To Consider An Ordinance To Amend The Zoning And Establish A Special Use Permit To Allow A Car Wash With Special Conditions; Amending Accordingly The Official Zoning Map. The Approximately 1.03-Acre Tract Is Located on Lot 2, Block, Hebron Partners Addition, Part 4 And Is Currently Zoned PD-124 For The (LR-2) Local Retail District. Case No. 07-16SUP1 Firebird Properties LP. Case Coordinator: Loren Shapiro.
7. Public Hearing To Consider And Act On An Ordinance That Amends The Text Of Various Sections Of The Zoning Ordinance To Amend, Add Or Delete Definitions And Use Categories, And To Improve The General Organization Of The Amended Sections. The Sections To Be Amended Are Article XXVIII Special Conditions And Development Standards And Article XXXIV Definitions. Case No. 07-16ZT1 CZO Text Changes. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
- City Council action
- Rescheduling November 3, 2016 P&Z meeting
VISITORS’ COMMENTS: Hearing of any citizen/visitor on items not listed on the regular agenda: Pursuant to State Open Meetings Law, the Planning and Zoning Commission is restricted in discussing or taking action on items not posted on the agenda. Action on the issue can only be taken at a future meeting.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS AND THE PUBLIC
The Planning & Zoning Commission holds regular meetings on the first Thursday of each month. Special meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month as needed. If a meeting date is canceled or postponed, notice will be posted at City Hall. The Planning & Zoning Commission follows the printed agenda.
On zoning cases, the Planning & Zoning Commission makes recommendations to the City Council. The Commission's recommendation will be scheduled for City Council action approximately four (4) weeks after the Planning & Zoning Commission meeting. On final plats, replats, preliminary plats, reapprovals of plats and certain miscellaneous development applications, action of the Planning & Zoning Commission is final. Please contact the Planning Department at 972-466-3040, via e-mail or visit our website if you have questions or need additional information regarding any agenda item.
This building is wheelchair accessible. For accommodations or signed interpretive services, please contact the City Secretary's office 48 hours in advance of this meeting at 972-466-3021.