Planning & Zoning Commission
May 4, 2017
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 2nd Floor
CITY HALL, 1945 E. Jackson Road
(Links below are to PDF files for individual case reports. Due to images, some files may be quite large. For best results, "right-click" and "save target as" to your own hard drive, then open the PDF file from there.)
The complete Planning and Zoning Packet can be found here.
TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
DINNER and BRIEFING session: 5:45 pm: The dinner and work session is held in the City Council Briefing Room, behind the City Council Chambers.
Call Meeting to Order: 7:00 pm
1. MINUTES: Approval of the minutes of the April 20, 2017
2. Consider And Take Final Action On An Alternate Landscape Plan For A Coffee Shop On An Approximately 0.82‐Acre Tract Located At The Northwest Corner Of Frankford Road And Old Denton Road. Case No. 05-17MD1 Starbuck’s Alternate Landscape Plan. Case Coordinator: Lorri Dennis.
3. Consider And Take Final Action On A Technical Site Plan For A Charter School For An Approximately 11-Acre Tract Located At 2400 N. Josey Lane. Case No. 05-17TSP1 Carrollton Classical Academy. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
4. Consider And Act On A Final Plat For Hamilton Park For An Approximately 15.6-Acre Tract Located On The North Side Of Plano Parkway At The Intersection Of Mustang Parkway. Case No. 05-17FP1 Hamilton Park (Final Plat). Case Coordinator Loren Shapiro.
5. Public Hearing To Consider And Act On A Resolution To Amend The Comprehensive Plan And The Future Land Use Map To Change An Approximately 14.7-Acre Site Located On The North And East Sides Of Plano Parkway Approximately 670 Feet South Of Parker Road (FM 544) From Mixed Use/Urban To Residential Single-Family Detached. Case No. 05-17MD2 Villages at Mustang Park (Comp-Plan). Case Coordinator: Loren Shapiro.
6. Public Hearing To Consider And Act On An Ordinance To Amend the Zoning On 14.7-Acre Tract Zoned Planned Development District 175 For The (SF-TH) Single-Family Townhome and (LR-2) Local Retail Districts And Located On The North And East Sides Of Plano Parkway Approximately 670 Feet South Of Parker Road (FM 544) To Amend Planned Development District 175 To Allow For (SF-PH) Single-Family Patio Home District; Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. 05-17Z1 Village At Mustang Park (Zoning). Case Coordinator: Loren Shapiro.
7. Public Hearing To Consider And Act On An Ordinance To Amend the Zoning On An Approximately 10.5-Acre Tract Zoned PD-5 For The (LR-2) Local Retail District And Located On The Northeast Corner Of Old Denton Road And Raiford Road To Amend Planned Development District 5 To Allow For Multifamily, Townhomes, Restaurant, and Retail Mixed-Use With Development Standards; Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. 10-16Z1 Furneaux Creek Square (Raiford). Case Coordinator: Loren Shapiro.
8. Public Hearing To Consider And Act On An Ordinance To Amend the Zoning On An Approximately 11‐Acre Tract Zoned PD-63 For The (LR‐2) Local Retail District And Located At The Southeast Corner Of Old Denton Road And Frankford Road To Amend Planned Development District 63 To Allow For An Outdoor Shade Structure And Cashier’s Tent; Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. 05‐17Z2 Ace Hardware. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
VISITORS’ COMMENTS: Hearing of any citizen/visitor on items not listed on the regular agenda: Pursuant to State Open Meetings Law, the Planning and Zoning Commission is restricted in discussing or taking action on items not posted on the agenda. Action on the issue can only be taken at a future meeting.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS AND THE PUBLIC
The Planning & Zoning Commission holds regular meetings on the first Thursday of each month. Special meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month as needed. If a meeting date is canceled or postponed, notice will be posted at City Hall. The Planning & Zoning Commission follows the printed agenda.
On zoning cases, the Planning & Zoning Commission makes recommendations to the City Council. The Commission's recommendation will be scheduled for City Council action approximately four (4) weeks after the Planning & Zoning Commission meeting. On final plats, replats, preliminary plats, reapprovals of plats and certain miscellaneous development applications, action of the Planning & Zoning Commission is final. Please contact the Planning Department at 972-466-3040, via e-mail or visit our website if you have questions or need additional information regarding any agenda item.
This building is wheelchair accessible. For accommodations or signed interpretive services, please contact the City Secretary's office 48 hours in advance of this meeting at 972-466-3021.