Planning & Zoning Commission
September 7, 2017
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 2nd Floor
CITY HALL, 1945 E. Jackson Road
(Links below are to PDF files for individual case reports. Due to images, some files may be quite large. For best results, "right-click" and "save target as" to your own hard drive, then open the PDF file from there.)
The complete Planning and Zoning Packet can be found here.
TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
DINNER and BRIEFING session: 5:45 pm: The dinner and work session is held in the City Council Briefing Room, behind the City Council Chambers.
Call Meeting to Order: 7:00 pm
1. MINUTES: Approval of the minutes of the August 3, 2017 meeting
2. Consider And Take Final Action On A Replat Of Lot 10, Block 15 Original Town Of Shepton (Hebron) For An Approximately 0.1894-Acre Tract Located On The Northeast Side Of Carrollton, Near The Intersection of East Hebron Parkway and Marsh Ridge Road. Case No. 09-17RP1 Lot 10R, Block 15 Original Town of Shepton (Hebron). Case Coordinator: Molly J. Coryell.
3. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider An Ordinance Amending The Zoning To Establish A Special Use Permit For A Gas Station With Special Conditions On An Approximately 0.7-Acre Tract Zoned (LR-2) Local Retail District And Located At 1865 E. Rosemeade Parkway; Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. 09-17SUP1 7-Eleven. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
4. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider An Ordinance Amending the Zoning On An Approximately 71-Acre Tract Zoned PD-181 For The (LI) Light Industrial District And Zoned (FWY) Freeway District And Located On The Southside Of Sandy Lake Road To Amend Planned Development District 181 For The (LI) Light Industrial District With Development Standards; Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. 09-17Z1 Western Extrusion. Case Coordinator: Loren Shapiro.
5. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider A Request For An Alternate Landscape Plan For An Approximately 5.443‐Acre Tract Located At 1711 South Broadway Street. Case No. 09-17MD1 Five Star Chevrolet Inventory Lot. Case Coordinator: Lorri Dennis.
6. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider A Resolution Amending The Comprehensive Plan And The Future Land Use Map To Change An Approximately 8.6-Acre Site Located On The East Side Of Marsh Lane Approximately 400 Feet North Of Running Duke Drive From Medium Intensity Office And Industrial To Single-Family Attached Residential. Case No. 07-17MD1 Marsh Lane Townhomes (Comp-Plan). Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
7. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider An Ordinance Amending The Zoning On An Approximately 8.6-Acre Tract Zoned PD-128 For The (O-2) Office District And (LI) Light Industrial District Located On The East Side Of Marsh Lane Approximately 400 Feet North Of Running Duke Drive To PD-128 To Allow For The (SF-TH) Single-Family Townhouse Residential District; Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. 07-17Z1 Marsh Lane Townhomes. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
8. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider An Ordinance Amending The Zoning On An Approximately 10.5-Acre Tract Zoned PD-5 For The (LR-2) Local Retail District And Located On The Northeast Corner Of Old Denton Road And Raiford Road To Amend Planned Development District 5 To Allow For Multifamily, Townhomes, Restaurant, and Retail Mixed-Use With Development Standards; Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. 08-17Z1 Furneaux Creek Square (Raiford). Case Coordinator: Loren Shapiro.
VISITORS’ COMMENTS: Hearing of any citizen/visitor on items not listed on the regular agenda: Pursuant to State Open Meetings Law, the Planning and Zoning Commission is restricted in discussing or taking action on items not posted on the agenda. Action on the issue can only be taken at a future meeting.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS AND THE PUBLIC
The Planning & Zoning Commission holds regular meetings on the first Thursday of each month. Special meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month as needed. If a meeting date is canceled or postponed, notice will be posted at City Hall. The Planning & Zoning Commission follows the printed agenda.
On zoning cases, the Planning & Zoning Commission makes recommendations to the City Council. The Commission's recommendation will be scheduled for City Council action approximately four (4) weeks after the Planning & Zoning Commission meeting. On final plats, replats, preliminary plats, reapprovals of plats and certain miscellaneous development applications, action of the Planning & Zoning Commission is final. Please contact the Planning Department at 972-466-3040, via e-mail or visit our website if you have questions or need additional information regarding any agenda item.
This building is wheelchair accessible. For accommodations or signed interpretive services, please contact the City Secretary's office 48 hours in advance of this meeting at 972-466-3021.