Recycle more - it's easy! Head straight for the blue cart - there is no need to presort items or place them in plastic bags (except shredded paper, which should be placed in a CLEAR plastic bag). Make sure the cart lid will close, and roll the cart to the designated pick up spot (curb or alley) on recycling day for convenient service.
Recyclables are collected from blue roll-out recycling carts* on regular trash collection days every other week according to the 2018 Recycling Calendar.
Recycling is now available for apartments. Contact the City for more information at 972-466-4950.
- Aluminum and steel/tin cans (no foil or aluminum pans)
- Boxboard (such as cereal and cracker boxes)
- Cardboard (flatten and place in cart)
- Glass bottles and jars of any color (rinse and discard lids)
- Junk mail, magazines, catalogs and phone books
- Newspaper (do not bundle or place in bags)
- Office and school paper (place shredded paper in CLEAR plastic bag)
- Paper bags
- Plastics #1 through #7 except Styrofoam
- Waxed cartons
- Batteries of any kind
- Bubble wrap
- Christmas lights
- Food-soiled paper products (such as pizza boxes)
- Garden hoses
- Hardback books
- Household hazardous waste
- Kitchen waste
- Plastic bags
- Plastic takeout containers and utensils
- Yard waste
Consejitos de Waste Management
To obtain a copy of the 2018 Recycling Calendar and map, click here. Also visit the City's Essentials Map Viewer, click on the search bar in the top right hand corner, and type in your address.
Need a Recycling Cart?
Call the CIty at 972-466-4950.