- Drinking water taste and odor complaints
- Water pressure complaints
- Water main leak repairs
- Utility line locates for construction or excavation
- Water conservation and emergency water use management
- Monthly bacteriological water samples
- Backflow and cross connection control program
- Registration for cross connection testers
- Water Quality Report
- Monthly mineral analysis reports
- Elevated water tanks and ground storage tanks
Water and Wastewater
- Repair and replace water mains
- Replacement of pavement affected by water main repairs
- Repair and replace sewer (wastewater) mains
- Repair sanitary sewer stoppages and overflows
- Install water and sewer service taps
- TV inspection services of sewer mains
- Fire hydrant repair and maintenance
Carrollton Water Utilities Received State Award
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) recognized the City of Carrollton's Water Utilities Division for its efforts in protecting public health. The division was awarded the Total Coliform Rule Program Award for 2003-2007 efforts to maintain clean and safe drinking water for customers.
The TCEQ uses their Public Drinking Water Recognition Program to recognize the efforts of public water systems that go above and beyond the minimum requirements. Each year, water systems in Texas are recognized for their outstanding performance for the preceding calendar year. The program awards water systems in six categories: Small Water Systems Security Program, Substantial Source Water Protection Program Implementation, Innovative or Proactive System, Outstanding Public Drinking Water System and Outstanding Cross-Connection Program.
In addition to the yearly awards, the Recognition Program also awards the Total Coliform Rule Program Award. Originally, this award recognized systems that have successfully complied with the Total Coliform Rule without a single violation for 60 consecutive months, but systems will now be awarded for compliance throughout 24 consecutive months (the next award will be for 2008-2009). In achieving this consistent level of compliance with the Total Coliform Rule, Carrollton is doing an exceptional job of protecting public health.
Celebrating the Success of Water Utilities Operations
After a three year managed competition process, Water Utilities was declared "substantially competitive" in service cost, performance and efficiency as compared to the public and private sector. Water Utilities serves more than 30,000 residential and 5,000 commercial customers.