- Brush and bulk waste (including appliances) is collected weekly on your regular collection day at the street curb in front of the home, not the alley.
- Brush (tree trimmings, limbs and branches) and bulk waste (items too large for green roll-out containers, including bagged or boxed material). All limbs should be cut into 4-foot lengths and placed in bundles not exceeding 40 pounds to fit in a rear-end loader truck.
- Loose bulk items should be placed in boxes not exceeding 50 pounds for safe, manageable collection. (Boom truck/Grappler size limits: 2,000 lbs/item with a maximum length of 12 feet).
Appliances such as stoves and water heaters are collected curbside on customers' regular collection day. There is no additional charge, and customers do not need to call for collection.
- Refrigerant-using appliances must be confirmed emptied of the chemical by a certified professional. Check Dallas-area yellow page listings under "Refrigerant Service" for local providers
- Materials from small home-repair projects should not exceed the a 6-foot by 4-foot neatly stacked pile (about the size of a Volkswagon Bug)
Correct Brush Placement
Incorrect Brush Placement
Be sure brush/bulk aren't blocked by trees & power lines
Bulk Items should weigh less than 50 pounds Bulk items should be neatly placed curbside
Need assistance in managing your brush and bulky waste?
To negotiate/rent a dumpster (roll-off container) for large projects (tree trimming, remodeling, fence replacement.), call Waste Management directly at 972-315-5400.
The following services are available by calling the City at 972-466-4950:
- Order extra green trash carts for grass clippings and small brush
- Fees vary. Click here for information.
- Request pick-up of brush or bulk waste on a day other than the regularly scheduled trash day.