You can request that your personal information contained in our utility records not be released to unauthorized persons.
A change has been made by the Texas Legislature in the Open Records Act. This applies to Utility Billing only. This change gives you the right to request that your personal information (address, telephone number, or last 4 digits of your social security number) not be made available to the public.
You may exercise your right by checking the box below and returning this form with your signature to the City of Carrollton – Utility Customer Service Department.
[ ] I request that my personal information be kept confidential.
Account Number Print Name (must be the billed party)
Service Address Signature (must be the billed party)
We must still provide the information to the following:
- An official or employee of the state or a political subdivision of the state, or the federal government acting in an official capacity;
- An employee of a utility acting in connection with the employee’s duties;
- A consumer reporting agency;
- A contractor or sub-contractor approved by and providing services to the utility or to the state, a political subdivision of the state, the federal government, or an agency of the state or federal government;
- A person for whom the customer has contractually waived confidentially for personal information; or
- Another entity that provides water, wastewater, sewer, gas, garbage, electricity, or drainage service for compensation