Film Permits


The City of Carrollton welcomes the opportunity to work with your production. Whether you are interested in filming a small public service announcement or commercial, to series television, to feature and independent films---we will do our best to accommodate your needs. We understand the fast-paced nature of most productions, and will do our best to fast-track your request. For additional information, call 972-466-3593.

An application for filming must be submitted, and a film permit must be issued prior to any filming actually taking place. This includes both commercial and amateur/student productions. Please click and download the application & guidelines below for a full list of instructions.

These guidelines cover requests for:

  • use of City-owned property (streets, right-of-ways, parks, and public buildings)
  • commercial use of private property which may affect adjacent public or private property
  • and the use of City equipment and personnel in the filming of movies, TV shows, commercials, and related activities.

Carrollton Film Guidelines and Film Permit Application