- Date: 04/15/2017 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Location: A.W. Perry Homestead Museum
1509 N Perry Road
Carrollton, Texas 75006
SPEND TIME OUTDOORS FREE ON APRIL 15
STARTING WITH BASEBALL
Learn about the history of baseball in Dallas/Fort Worth from local esteemed speakers Mark Presswood, writer of Baseball in Dallas and Baseball in Fort Worth, and Dr. Layton Revel of the Center for Negro League Baseball Research.
- Discover stories of the first minor league teams in 1888
- Learn the history of North Texas' Negro League teams
- Enjoy artifacts on display from baseball history
- A mascot appearance from the Frisco Roughriders
- Fun games and crafts
This free event for all ages takes place from 10 am to 12 pm and will be followed by a vintage base ball game featuring our very own Carrollton Elites team.
FOLLOWED BY BLUEBONNETS
Enjoy bluebonnets and other wildflowers in the beautiful 10-acre setting of Pearl Perry Gravley Park.
- Bring the whole family for free photo opportunities
- Play old-fashioned games
- Make and take a bluebonnet craft for little ones
Cookies and lemonade will be served. A professional photographer will be onsite from 5 to 7 pm for portraits with no sitting fee, and one free digital image per family. Sitting times are limited and are on a first come, first served basis.