Carrollton Municipal Court to Conduct Warrant Resolution Drive
The Carrollton Municipal Court (2001 E. Jackson Road) will be conducting a Warrant Resolution Drive beginning Monday, March 2 through Tuesday, March 31 focusing on anyone with an outstanding Carrollton Municipal Court warrant and encouraging individuals to resolve their case.
The Court encourages individuals to resolve an outstanding warrant promptly to avoid being arrested, however, during the Warrant Resolution Drive, individuals may appear at the Court to resolve their case(s) without the fear of being arrested. If a defendant chooses to plead “not guilty” to a charge they have not previously entered a plea on, they must appear and post the required bond to obtain a court docket setting.
Individuals concerned they have an outstanding City of Carrollton warrant, or have received a violation and are unsure of the options available, are encouraged to contact the Carrollton Municipal Court. For warrants in jurisdictions other than Carrollton, contact those jurisdictions for information about how to resolve those citations.
If a defendant does not have enough resources to immediately pay all or part of the fine and costs due, they may be eligible for alternative methods to discharge their fines and costs through the Court’s Collections Office. Defendants may work with the Collections Manager to qualify for either a payment plan or community service agreement to discharge all or part of their outstanding obligations.
Individuals have a variety of options to pay a citation:
- Pay online: Avoid waiting in line, visit cityofcarrollton.com/courts. There will be an additional 2 percent service fee for this payment option. For online payments, you must plead “guilty” or “no contest” and decline to review the evidence, if any, in the case. If you wish to plead “not guilty” you must appear in person before the court to handle your citations.
- By telephone: Payments may be made in full by calling AllPaid (formerly GovPayNet), a third-party payment service provider at 1-888-604-7888. Call center specialists are available 24/7/365 to assist in processing payments via credit/debit card. To pay your warrant(s), you must provide the following information:
- Pay Location Code 9327 which identifies the Carrollton Municipal Court and facilitates prompt notification of your payment to this Court
- Warrant Number(s)
- Total amount of money due the Court (partial payments are not accepted)
Payments with AllPaid incur a service fee of 5 percent added to the amount due. Neither the City of Carrollton nor the Municipal Court receive any portion of the service fee assessed by AllPaid.
- By mail: The Court accepts checks or money orders payable to the City of Carrollton. Fines must be paid in full and payment mailed to Carrollton Municipal Court, P.O. Box 110535, Carrollton, TX 75011. Include your contact information and citation number(s) to ensure the payment is properly credited. Please be aware that warrants will remain active until payment is received and processed by the Court.
- In person: Carrollton Municipal Court (2001 E. Jackson Road) is located at the corner of Josey Lane and Jackson Road, next to Carrollton City Hall and is open Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Friday from 7:30-11:30 a.m.
For more information about resolving an outstanding violation, call 972-466-3348 or visit cityofcarrollton.com/courts.