A permit is needed when:
- A curb cut is in the Right-of-Way such as in the street or alley
- Changes are to be made to the drive approach
- Repair or replacement of a driveway on the private property that will be tied into the driveway approach in the R.O.W.
Complete information on requirements for the location and design of driveways is available by clicking here.
Plans submittal requirements
- Applications are accepted through the CityServe portal.
- A copy of a site plan or property survey of your property with dimensions indicating the location of the drive approach on the property
- Construction specifications indicating the depth of concrete and size and spacing of reinforcement materials are required. All paving in the Right-of-Way needs to meet the paving requirements of Paving Detail P-16 of the City’s General Design Standards
An inspection needs to be scheduled upon completion of work.
Fees and Application
Applications are accepted through the CityServe portal, as well as payment of permit fees. Please call 972-466-3225 with any questions.