For the latest updates on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and resources, visit

Landscape Irrigation

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

General information

A permit is required for the installation of landscape irrigation systems.

  • A backflow prevention device is required at the connection to the water supply, and must be independently tested by a licensed backflow tester. A list of such independent testers is available in the Building Inspection department
  • A rain/freeze sensor is required

State law allows a homeowner to perform this work on their homestead. However, any other person performing this work must be a licensed plumber or irrigator that is registered as a contractor with the City of Carrollton.


An inspection needs to be scheduled upon completion of work.

Fees and Applications

A permit fee is required, and an application must be completed and submitted to the Building Inspection department. Please call 972-466-3225 with any questions.

More on landscape irrigation systems: (PDF)

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer