Electrical Work

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

A permit is required when:

  • New circuits are added

  • Panels are replaced or modified

  • Damaged portions are replaced

State law allows a homeowner to perform this work on their homestead. However, any other person performing this work must be a licensed electrician registered as a contractor with the City of Carrollton.


If a permit is required, an inspection needs to be scheduled upon completion of work.

Fees and Applications

If a permit is required, the fee and an application must be completed and submitted to the Building Inspection department. Please call 972-466-3225 with any questions.