Plumbing Work

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

General Information

A permit is required when:

  • Any plumbing system is erected, installed, enlarged, altered, repaired, removed, converted, or replaced

  • When doing under slab repairs (plumber must provide a letter of excavation and backfill)

State law allows a homeowner to perform this work on their homestead. However, any other person performing this work must be a licensed plumber registered as a contractor with the City of Carrollton.


If a permit is required, an inspection needs to be scheduled upon completion of work.

Fees and Applications

If a permit is required, the fee and an application must be completed and submitted to the Building Inspection department. Please call 972-466-3225 with any questions.