- Any new swimming pool or spa that exceeds 24 inches in depth requires a permit
- Self-contained (no direct plumbing or electrical connections) portable spas with a locking cover do not require a permit
- A pool barrier is required for all areas surrounding a swimming pool. This barrier may include an alarm device for any doors that lead from the home into the pool area. An affidavit certifying the installation of such an alarm may be submitted in lieu of an alarm inspection
- If using a pool contractor, that company must be registered as a contractor with the City of Carrollton
Specific requirements related to fences surrounding pools may be found by clicking here.
Plans submittal requirements
- 2 copies of a site plan or Property Survey of your property with dimensions indicating the location of the swimming pool on the property, including setback dimensions to property lines and structures
- 2 copies of the pool plan showing depth of pool, dimensions, and indicating the installation of a 3” P-trap on the drain line and a connection to the sanitary sewer
- One of each of these plans must be stamped by the electrical service provider for the area (TXU Energy Delivery, CoServ, etc.) who will check the location of the electrical and gas service lines leading to the meter
Fees and applications
A permit fee is required, and an application must be completed and submitted to the Building Inspection department. Please call 972-466-3225 with any questions.