We want your special event to be successful and enjoyable. Since several different city departments will be reviewing your application, there is a minimum day’s requirement for application submittal. These must be followed or you risk failure of obtaining your permit!
- Special events: minimum of 10 business days prior to the event
- Parades, fun runs, marches or other events occurring within the City's Right-of-Way or requiring a Police Department presence: minimum of 20 business days prior to the event
- Block parties: minimum of 7 business days prior to the event
Plans submittal requirements
- The special event application contains information about special event requirements, ordinance requirements, Environmental Services' guidelines for temporary food establishments, parade and block party guidelines, tents, canopies, temporary membrane structures and event planning checklists
- A completed application form
Fees and Applications
In addition to the permit fee, an administrative processing fee of $25.00 will be added to all special event, parade and/or block party permits, as set forth in the Ordinance and an application must be completed and submitted to the Building Inspection department. Please call 972-466-3225 with any questions.