CDBG COVID-CV CARES Act Relief Funding Information
The City of Carrollton has been fortunate to receive a special allocation to our Community Development Block Grant funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that will be used to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the coronavirus (COVID-19). This allocation was authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), Public Law 116-136, which was signed by President Trump on March 27, 2020, to respond to the growing effects of this historic public health crisis. The CARES Act will provide $504,713 in Community Development Block Grant Coronavirus (CDBG-CV) funds to the City.
As such, the City is requesting applications from non-profit agencies and other eligible entities for participation in the CDBG COVID-CV Relief Funding program for the period of March 1, 2020, through September 30, 2022. Funds may be used for a wide range of activities that must be associated with COVID-19 and all eligible activities must meet one of the three National Objectives: 1) Benefit low to moderate-income persons, 2) Aid in the prevention of slums and blight, or 3) meet other urgent community needs such as disaster relief.
Examples of eligible activities include, but are not limited to:
- Rental, utility, and mortgage assistance for households for up to three months or $3,600 whichever is less.
- Legal support, such as right to counsel for tenants facing eviction.
- Carry out job training to expand the pool of health care workers and technicians that are available to treat disease in the community.
- Provide testing, diagnosis or other services at a fixed or mobile location.
- Increase the capacity and availability of targeted health services for infectious disease response within existing health facilities.
- Provide equipment, supplies, and materials necessary to carry-out a public service.
- Deliver meals on wheels to quarantined individuals or individuals that need to maintain social distancing due to medical vulnerabilities.
Complete Hard Copy or Electronic application packets will be accepted from July 1, 2020 through August 1, 2020. Late applications were not accepted or eligible for funding. For informational purposes, CDBG-CV Relief Funding applications are available on this website or by written request from Meagan Tucker, Sr. Community Development Specialist, at (972) 466-5727 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Upon receipt the Carrollton City Council will hold a public hearing to review the applications and decide on which agencies to provide CDBG COVID-CV Relief Funding to and the allocation to those agencies. Links can be found below for the Application of CDBG COVID-CV Relief Funding as well as the Policies and Procedures for receiving these funds. The City will be required to amend and revise their PY2019 Action Plan and 5-year Consolidated Plan to account for the new activities being created and the disbursement of those funds.
If you have questions concerning the CDBG-CV program, please contact the city at (972) 466-5727 or by email at email@example.com .