Community Service Funding was established by the Carrollton City Council to provide requests for funding by non-profit, community-based organizations that provide services to the residents of Carrollton. Each year these community-based organizations may submit an application to request funding for their agencies. The service recommended for funding must be a service which benefits the general community of Carrollton residents, including social welfare services, promotion of the arts and community promotion of the City. Applications must be submitted no later than June 14, 2019 for the funding year from October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020.
Community Service Funding is intended to augment the efforts of non-profit organizations who provide a benefit to the residents in Carrollton. Applications submitted to the city by the established deadline will be reviewed city staff to verify the agency meets the qualifications established within the City’s policy. Afterwards, the applications will be forwarded to the Neighborhood Advisory Commission for further action.
The Neighborhood Advisory Commission will review the qualifying applications during a public hearing on Thursday, August 8, 2019 at City Hall. The qualifying applicants will be allowed a brief amount of time to address the Commission and to answer questions from the commissioners on their funding requests. Due to limited resources not all requests may be funded. It is the intent of the City to award funding to those requests which most effectively serve the needs and improve the well-being of the residents of Carrollton.
Applicants awarded funding are required to enter into a signed agreement with the city for specific measurable services and are held accountable for providing the agreed services within the specified time frame.
To be eligible for funding, organizations:
- Must be tax exempt;
- Must be nonprofit (and must be able to provide the 501(c)(3) status form);
- Cannot include scholarships as part of their funding request;
- Cannot include debts as part of their funding request;
- Must benefit the general community of the City of Carrollton and its residents;
- Must provide evidence of insurance as acceptable to the City of Carrollton;
- Must be free from discrimination based on race, color, creed, nationality, sex, marital status, disability, religion, or political affiliation.
- Community Service Funding shall not exceed the greater of 10% of the applying organization’s annual operating budget or $10,000.
For further information regarding qualification requirements and eligibility please review Community Service Funding Policy and Procedures.
To apply for Community Service Funding you must fill out and submit the Community Funding Assistance Application for Fiscal Year 2019-2020 by the June 14, 2019 deadline.
Applications can be mailed to:
City of Carrollton
Environmental Services Department
1945 E. Jackson Road
Carrollton, Texas 75006
If you should have questions you may contact the Environmental Services Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (972) 466-5727.