- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, the country’s third busiest airport is within a 15-minute drive; it provides access to 173 destination. In 2007, DFW moved 59 million passengers.
- Addison Airport is one of the busiest single runway airports in the nation with 140,000 operations a year. The airport is conveniently located near Carrollton in the adjacent Town of Addison.
- Dallas Love Field offers services to 19 destinations. Major carriers include Southwest Airlines, American/American Eagle and Express Jet.
- Interstate Highway 35E (Stemmons Freeway) intersects the city of Carrollton and is a major north-south route linking Canada, Mexico and the United States. An excellent highway system in Dallas-Fort Worth includes three north-south interstates (IH-35E, IH-35W and IH-45), and two east-west interstates (IH-20 and IH-30). The President George Bush Turnpike, a six-lane toll highway, bisects the City of Carrollton and provides an additional east-west thoroughfare through far north Dallas.
- The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex is the largest trucking center in the southwest United States, served by approximately 150 regular route common carriers. Over 40 major freight lines offer direct service to all points in the US.
- Carrollton is served by four major railroads: Dallas, Garland, Northeastern (DG&NO), Fort Worth & Western (FW&W), Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) and the Kansas City Southern (KCS).
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) services Dallas and 12 surrounding cities with modern public transit services and customer facilities.
- In December 2010 three DART stations opened in Carrollton: Downtown Carrollton Station, Trinity Mills Station and the North Carrollton/Frankford Station.