The Driveway Ordinance establishes minimum design and location criteria for all driveways that access public streets or alleys. The ordinance applies to the construction or modification of driveways and approaches accessing public streets and alleys and to driveways connecting to service roads of highways and tollroads.
The scope of the ordinance includes the following:
- Location requirements including minimum clearances from streets, alleys and driveway openings
- Maximum and minimum number and spacing of driveways
- Required driveway widths and curb radii
- Internal storage requirements
- Vertical design criteria
- Procedure for appeals, variances and penalties