Objective: Adopt-A-Spot is a quarterly voluntary program to involve citizens in maintaining and beautifying Carrollton by participating in a litter reduction program managed by the City of Carrollton.
Eligible Participants and Locations: Businesses, organizations or individuals may participate in Adopt-A-Spot. Signs must be placed in locations that have been identified as being in need of litter control as determined by the City of Carrollton. A list of creeks or areas available for adoption will be provided to interested parties.
City Agrees to:
- Identify locations to be considered, that will benefit the residents of Carrollton;
- Provide and install signage (2 signs and 2 poles) per location once the Adopt-A-Spot agreement has been submitted and approved;
- City will determine proper placement of signs consistent with City sign installation policies for similar information signs;
- Provide information about Adopt-A-Spot on the appropriate city’s web page, including a list of current volunteers;
- Provide instructions and supplies to volunteers;
- Provide removal and disposal of trash on the next business day for each scheduled volunteer occurrence.
Participants Agree to:
- Conduct clean-ups in the adopted location at least quarterly (4 times per year) for a minimum of 2 years (with an option to renew);
- Select a location from the authorized adoption list provided by the City;
- Submit a completed Adopt-A-Spot Agreement Form and consent forms for each volunteer to Environmental Services prior to the quarterly clean-up;
- Notify the city prior to each clean-up being conducted;
- Provide progress reports to the city after each clean-up;
- Ensure that volunteers only work in their Adopt-A-Spot location approved by the city.
- Centre for Neuro Skills—Del Santer Park at Eisenhower and Mapleview
- Todd and Tina Mixon—Furneaux Creek from Josey to Cemetery Hill and Frankford
- Signifive Games— Carrollton park bordered by Eisenhower, Summer Lake Trail, and Parkwood Dr.
- Trane National Accounts—Valwood Improvement Channel from Monetary to Hutton Dr.
- Middleton’s & Friends—Furneaux Creek from Frankford to McCoy following Cemetery Hill on the northwest side of the creek
- Lennox International—Jimmy Porter Park
- Carrollton TX Free Speech—Dudley Branch—1700 E Rosemeade Pkwy to southwest corner of Rosemeade Aquatic Complex
- Barbosa Plumbing and A/C—Furneaux Creek—Frankford to McCoy—southeast side of the channel
- WMC Wire Division—East Beltline Rd—Between S Josey and Webb Chapel Rd
- Wells Fargo DFW Green Team—Valley Mill Park—Keller Springs Rd to the Footbridge
- Friends of Furneaux Creek—Branch Hollow Park—Footbridge to Hebron Pkwy
- Daniel Nunez—Josey Ranch Athletic Complex to Josey Ranch Lake—Hutton Branch
For more information on our volunteer programs, please call 972-466-3035.