March is a Blue Card month. The Blue Card team of instructors will be sending out information very soon. Everyone will complete an online module AND participate in a hands on class.
CFR ISO TRNG / OFFICERDEVLPMNT / BLUE CARD CE
We continue to wait for the burn building to be finished in the near future. As a reminder, our first drills will be focused on incident command/blue card, modern fire attack, and accountability. We also want to ensure that everyone comes to the first drills proficient in the basics. Thus, I ask all crews to perform the following in March:
- Deploy, flow, and advance your bumper lines.
- Deploy, flow, and advance all cross lays. Try to go around a corner.
- Deploy and flow the Blitz fire.
- Flow your deck gun/ladder pipe.
- Deploy your fan to an imaginary door and start it. (Everyone should start the fan.)
Perform these tasks enough to where you can definitely see positive improvement. Please go full speed as if at an emergency incident. Please log 2-3 hours of station level water delivery and one hour of station level ventilation training into Firehouse.
CFR ISO TRNG / STATION LEVEL / WATER DELIVERY
CFR ISO TRNG / STATION LEVEL / VENTILATION