Welcome to the Carrollton Public Library. We invite you to enjoy your visit to the Library and to respect its use by others. Each visitor to the Library has both a right to a secure environment and a responsibility to avoid any behavior which may unreasonably interfere with the rights of other users. We ask your cooperation in maintaining an environment conducive to study, programming, and enjoyable use of the library.
The following behaviors are prohibited at Carrollton Public Library:
- Noisy or disruptive behavior that interferes with the normal operations of the Library
- Threatening, offensive, or abusive language and behavior
- Harassment of employees or customers
- Misuse or defacement of Library facilities, equipment, furnishings, or materials
- Loud use of electronic devices which can be heard by others
- Visiting while intoxicated or under the influence of a controlled substance
- Use of tobacco products of any kind, including electronic cigarettes
- Bare feet, skates, skateboards, bicycles, or scooters, other than ADA assistive devices
- Soliciting, selling, or distributing materials
- Bringing animals other than trained services animals
- Leaving backpacks, bags, and other personal belongings unattended
- Neglecting to properly supervise children
- Use of photography, film, or television equipment in or on Library premises without prior permission from the Library
- Failure to comply with the Acceptable Internet Use Policy
- Exhibiting personal hygiene that is offensive to others, interferes with the normal operations of the Library, or is a health or sanitation risk to others
- Engaging in any activity that disturbs normal activities and/or the environment for other users and Library staff
- Violating any state, federal or local law
Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. - Updated 6-1-21
The Library reserves the right to request patrons to open any bags, purses, or packages for inspection when the anti-theft system is triggered.
Behavior that continually poses a threat to the normal operations of the Library and/or impedes the safety or well-being of customers and/or staff will not be tolerated. Offenders will be asked to leave; repeat offenders will have all Library privileges revoked. Once Library privileges have been revoked, the person must appeal to Library Administration in writing to be considered for reinstatement.
The written appeal must be received within 30 days at the following address:
Carrollton Public Library
Library Privileges Review Committee
1700 Keller Springs Rd
Carrollton, TX 75006
The committee will review all written appeals, and make recommendations to the Library Director. The Library Director will respond in writing within 60 days.