New Card Checkouts
- 5 items for first 6 months
New Cards After 6 Months
Cards meeting the criteria below are changed to full service cards:
- customer shows valid (non-expired) government-issued ID
- customer shows proof of current address if NOT on valid (non-expired) government-issued ID
- fines are under $10
- no problems with the account
If no valid (non-expired) government-issued ID or proof of address is available, then the account CANNOT be renewed.
Established Card Checkouts
- up to 5 DVDs
- up to 5 audiobooks
- up to 5 music CDs
- up to 25 books
- total of 40 items
The Checkout, Renewal, and Request Rules Table below gives checkout periods, checkout limits, renewal limits and lists if an item can be requested by placing a hold.
|Item||Loan Period||Item Limit1||Renewals2||Requestable by a Hold|
|book||3 weeks||up to 25||3||yes|
|DVD||1 week||up to 5||3||yes|
|audiobook||3 weeks||up to 5||3||yes|
|music CD||3 weeks||up to 5||3||yes|
|storytime kit||3 weeks||up to 25||3||yes|
|binoculars||2 hours inside library only||1||0||no|
|iPads||4 hours inside library only||1||0||no|
1The limit on the total number of items checked out on a card is 40.
2Renewal adds either 3 weeks or 1 week to the date you RENEWED not the original due date.
How to Renew
- Renew online (directions)
- Renew eligible items on a checkout station - even if the items are not with you.
- Ask staff at a service desk.
- Call 972-466-4800 during library hours. Have your Library card handy.