Carrollton Public Library Card Eligibility
- Texas resident
- 18 or older
- government-issued photo ID
- proof of your CURRENT address if NOT on your license or ID
Accepted Proof of Address
- Valid (non-expired) Texas Driver License or ID with CURRENT address
- Valid (non-expired) Driver License or photo ID issued by a governmental agency with non-current address plus one of the following with your name and current address:
- recent utility bill (water, electric, gas, cable, etc.)
- car/motorcycle insurance card
- printed check from your bank
- recent paycheck stub
How to Get a Card
- Apply online
- Bring your government-issued photo ID with alternate proof of address if necessary to the service desk at either Library location
Check Out Limits for New Cards: 5 items for first 6 months
Library Cards for Children
Parents can apply for a library card for a child under 18. Parents are responsible for all materials checked out and late fines on the child's card.
- Child must be present during the application process.
- Parent must be present with proof of residency at the current home address.
- Parent must be present in the Llibrary to change the level of internet access allowed on library computers.
- Parent must be present to renew card when it expires.
Library Cards for Grandchildren
Only parents or legal guardians can sign up a minor child for a Library card.
Are you this child’s legal guardian? If not, grandparents or other caregivers are encouraged to sign up for a card for themselves and then check out items for use by the children in their care.
Needed to renew:
- Valid (non-expired) government-issued ID
- Proof of CURRENT address
- On ID
- Item from list above
- On ID
If no valid (non-expired) government-issued ID or proof of address is available, then the account CANNOT be renewed.
New Cards After 6 Months
Cards meeting the criteria below are changed to full service cards:
- Customer shows valid (non-expired) government-issued ID
- Customer shows proof of current address if NOT on ID
- Fines and fees under $10
- No problems with account
Cost of Library Card
- First card FREE
- $1.00 to replace
Lost Library Cards
Report lost library cards IMMEDIATELY to prevent others from using YOUR card to check out without your permission.
- Call the Library at 972-466-4800
- Submit Library Account Feedback