- non-expired Carrollton Public Library card with under $10 in fines
- guest pass issued at service desk
A card can only be used on ONE computer at a time.
The Computer Use Policy must be followed.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Word 2016
- Microsoft Excel 2016
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
- Microsoft Access 2016
- Microsoft Publisher 2016
- Adobe Reader DC1
- Microsoft Office Picture Manager
Plugins for Internet Explorer:
- Adobe Reader
1Adobe Reader only works to VIEW a PDF. There is NO software installed to EDIT a PDF.
- Guaranteed 90 minutes
- Session extended in 10 minute increments if no one is in the queue to use a computer
- 10 hours per day maximum
If all computers are in use, go to the Queue/Print Station to reserve a computer.
- $0.15 per page
- Black and white/greyscale ONLY - NO color printing
- CASH only - coins (NO pennies), $1, or $5 bills
- Use PRINT PREVIEW
- Check for blank pages BEFORE printing
Headphones must be used to hear sound.
- BRING headphones
- BUY headphones at the desk for $4
- DVD-ROM drive is READ ONLY
- Save to a USB flash drive
- Files saved to the computer are DELETED whey you log off the computer
Both Library locations offer a wireless hotspot with the SSID broadcast - NO password necessary. Set your laptop, tablet, or phone to automatically detect available networks.
- at Josey Ranch Lake (1700 Keller Springs Rd.) - JRL Library Wireless
- at Hebron & Josey (4220 N. Josey Ln.) - H&J Library Wireless
This is an UNSECURED network, so be cautious with your personal and financial information.
- Make sure WiFi is on (some laptops have a physical switch that may be OFF)
- Your laptop may be stopping your connection because it is an unsecured network
- Saved Internet connection settings may interfere with connecting. Be sure you know how to restore those settings before you disable them.
There are hot data ports in the Study Rooms and along the walls of both Libraries. Use requires an Ethernet cable (CAT5) and a network interface card (NIC) in your laptop.
You cannot print from your laptop to the Library's printers. You must use a Library computer to print. Save your files to a flash drive or email them to yourselves. Bring your photo ID to the desk for a guest pass if you do not have a Carrollton Public Library card.