Library staff cannot answer your tax questions. Contact the IRS for help.
From the IRS
- Steps to Take Now to Get a Jump on Your Taxes
- Get Ready for Taxes: Stay home and stay safe with IRS online tools
At the Library
The Library will make forms and instructions available once we receive them from the IRS.
You must order employer forms online or buy them at an office supply store. The library does not have employer forms.
Individuals can still obtain paper tax forms with instructions through the mail directly from the IRS:
- Visit IRS.gov/orderforms
- Call 1-800-829-3676
Publication 17 - Your Federal Income Tax (For Individuals) - is available as a PDF, HTML Web page, or EPUB eBook for mobile device users.
- Covers general rules for filing a federal income tax return
- supplements information in tax form instruction booklet
AARP Tax Help
Can AARP Provide YOU with Tax Help?
See what AARP tax volunteers can and cannot do:
Online AARP Tax Help
Request Virtual AARP Tax Help
To have a Tax Aide volunteer coach you as you complete your taxes online on your OWN computer:
- Go to 2021 AARP Foundation Tax Aide Service page
- Click/tap "Get Started"
- Click/tap "Prepare my own taxes online"
- Click/tap Request Help button to sign up
See AARP Online Tax Questions
- View frequently asked questions about taxes
- Submit a form to ask a tax question
AARP Tax Help at the Carrollton Public Library
AARP Tax Assistance for 2021 is over.
VITA & TCE - Free Tax help
VITA/TCE tax assistance for 2021 is over.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to:
- People who generally make $57,000 or less
- Persons with disabilities
- Limited English speaking taxpayers
who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.
The Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) program offers free tax help, particularly for those who are 60 years of age and older, specializing in questions about pensions and retirement-related issues unique to seniors.
- Free Tax Return Preparation for Qualifying Taxpayers (VITA/TCE)
- Find a VITA/TCE location near your ZIP Code
Tax Help by Phone
- 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 pm. C.S.T. weekdays
- Individuals: 800-829-1040
- Businesses: 800-829-4933
- Telephone Assistance: How to Prepare & List of Numbers
Tax Help at the nearest IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center
Taxpayer Assistance Centers operate by appointment.
- Do NOT provide telephone assistance
- Services vary by location - Find the Farmers Branch office on this page and use the Services Available link
4050 Alpha Road Rm. 170
Farmers Branch TX 75244
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Make Appointment: 844-545-5640