Sections on this page:
Use browser back button to return to top of page after using one of these links
Eligibility • Community Meeting Rooms Policy • Rates & Capacities • Reserving • Reservation Interest Form • Changes & Cancellations • Other Room Options
- Carrollton resident
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid Carrollton Public Library card with money owed under $10
Community Meeting Rooms Policy
The rooms at the Libraries are available for community, charitable, and other local groups to meet. You must agree to abide by the Library's Community Meeting Rooms Policy to use a meeting room.
Highlights of the policy include, but are not limited to:
- Social functions (i.e., birthdays, showers, receptions, or similar celebrations), exercise classes, dance classes, music lessons, or similar type functions are NOT allowed.
- See the Facility Rentals page to find a space in another City facility for these kinds of events
- Reservations must occur during Library hours of operation.
- No open flames (including candles) are permitted.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- No decorations that will mar the rooms (i.e., adhesive tape) are permitted.
- No admittance fee, or any other charge for attendance, may be attached to any function held in the meeting rooms.
- Any soliciting, selling, or distributing materials that result in financial gain is not allowed.
It is recommended you read the entire policy before your first use of a Library meeting room and check if the policy has been revised before all subsequent uses.
Rates & Capacities
|Facility||Location||Room Capacity||Fees per Hour|
|JRL Meeting Room (Kitchen)
Virtual Tour of Room
|Josey Ranch Lake||70||$25 per hour|
Virtual Tour of Room
|Josey Ranch Lake||14||No Charge|
|HJL Meeting Room (Kitchen)*
Virtual Tour of Room*
|Hebron & Josey||60||$25 per hour|
|Number of Tables and Chairs in Library Meeting Rooms|
*NOTE: the virtual tour of HJL Meeting Room (Kitchen) shows the room with the dividing wall open instead of closed as it currently is. The room available to reserve is the 990 square-foot, larger room of the two room configuration and not the 1620 square-foot room formed when the wall is open.
Rooms may be reserved:
- Between 14 and 90 days in advance
- Only during Library hours
- After an interest form has been received, approved, and payment made in person.
Your reservation must include any time you need to set up the room and to clean up after your event is finished. You will not be given access to the room before your reservation time.
Reservation Interest Form
Complete the Interest form to seek approval to use the Library Meeting Rooms.
Changes & Cancellations
All meeting room reservations changes, including cancellations, must be done by the person who reserved the room at least 72 hours in advance for a full refund. Cancellations within 72 hours of the reservation will be refunded by a credit to the customer’s WebTrac account only.
Other Room Options
If your group is 8 people or smaller, read the Study Room Policy to see if a Study Room will suit your needs.
See the Facility Rentals page for information on spaces available at other City facilities.