Log in with:
- Non-expired Carrollton Public Library card with under $10 in fines
- Guest pass issued at service desk
A card can only be used on ONE computer at a time.
The Computer Use Policy must be followed.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Word 2016
- Microsoft Excel 2016
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
- Microsoft Access 2016
- Microsoft Publisher 2016
- Adobe Reader DC1
- Microsoft Office Picture Manager
Plugins for Internet Explorer:
- Adobe Reader
1Adobe Reader only works to VIEW a PDF. There is NO software installed to EDIT a PDF.
If all computers are in use, go to the Queue/Print Station to reserve a computer.
Headphones must be used to hear sound.
- BRING headphones
- BUY headphones at the desk for $4
- DVD drive is configured READ ONLY
- Save to a USB flash drive
- Files saved to the computer are DELETED whey you log off the computer
Both Library locations offer a wireless hotspot with the SSID broadcast - NO password necessary. Set your laptop, tablet, or phone to automatically detect available networks.
- at Josey Ranch Lake (1700 Keller Springs Rd.) - JRL Library Wireless
- at Hebron & Josey (4220 N. Josey Ln.) - H&J Library Wireless
This is an UNSECURED network, so be cautious with your personal and financial information.
- Make sure WiFi is on
- Some laptops have a physical switch that may be OFF
- Your laptop may be stopping your connection because it is an unsecured network
- Saved Internet connection settings may interfere with connecting. Be sure you know how to restore those settings before you disable them.
There are hot data ports in the Study Rooms and along the walls of both Libraries with a green INTERNET PORT label. Use requires an Ethernet cable and a network interface card (NIC) in your laptop.
You CANNOT print from your laptop or mobile device to the Library's printers. You must use a Library computer to print.
Save your files to a flash drive or email them to yourself.
Bring your photo ID to the desk for a guest pass if you do not have a Carrollton Public Library card.
You can only print from one of the Library's computers. There is no wireless printing option.
- • Number used to log on is used to release prints
- • Name your print jobs UNIQUE and MEANINGFUL names so YOU can tell them apart
- • You ONLY see YOUR jobs at the release station
- • Must AGREE to cost (2nd pop-up) for job to show up
- Print Options
- • Black & white only
- • Select ONLY standard U.S. paper sizes: Letter (8.5x11), Legal (8.5x14), Tabloid (11x17)
- • Jobs are held ONLY 3 HOURS
- • $0.15/page
- • Double-sided print = $0.30
- Paying at Vend Unit
- • Accepts CASH (coins - NO pennies and $1 or $5 bills)
- • $9.50 is most you can pay YOURSELF
- • All CHANGE given in COINS
- Credit Cards & Jobs over $9.50
- • Ask staff for help if paying by CREDIT CARD (send ALL print jobs before asking)
- • Pay staff at desk if a job costs OVER $9.50 and they will release it for you
- Avoid Paying for Blank Pages
- • Use PRINTER-FRIENDLY links, especially in EMAIL
- • Use PRINT PREVIEW to see how your print job will look AND only print pages you WANT
- • Use Adobe Reader print button for PDFs
- • Check for blank pages at END of your document BEFORE printing
You have 3 hours to pay for and release a print job. After 3 hours, the print job is purged and cannot be recovered.