Interlibrary Loan services are not available at this time. Many of the libraries we depend upon for materials not owned by Carrollton Public Library have not opened to their customers.
Staff can assist you in searching neighboring libraries that are open to determine whether they own the item and how you may obtain a library card at that library.
What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary loan, or ILL, is the process by which a library requests material from, or supplies material to, another library.
The Carrollton Public Library can ask other libraries to let us borrow an item we do not own at your request.
If you cannot find an item in the Carrollton Public Library catalog, ask for help at the service desk. A Library staff member will:
- Confirm Carrollton Public Library does not own it
- Offer to check another area library's collection where you could borrow the item for free
- Give you the Carrollton Public Library Interlibrary Loan Form to complete
There is a $2.25 postage/courier reimbursement fee for each filled interlibrary loan request including Federal Census Records on microfilm.
This charge must be paid even if you choose not to come pick up the item.
- 2-4 weeks generally
We cannot guarantee a requested interlibrary loan item will arrive in a timely manner.
If you have a time constraint, ask staff at the service desk about other options you may pursue.
- Valid Carrollton Public Library card at time of request AND pick up of item
- Fines and fees under $10 when combined with the interlibrary loan charge of $2.25
What Can Be Requested
All requests are subject to the limits listed on this page.
- Books on CD
- Census microfilm
- NO items owned by the Carrollton Public Library
- NO items published within the past 12 months
- NO genealogical material other than Census microfilm