What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary loan, or ILL, is the process by which a library requests material from, or supplies material to, another library.
The Carrollton Public Library can ask other libraries to let us borrow an item we do not own at your request.
If you cannot find an item in the Carrollton Public Library catalog, ask for help at the service desk. A Library staff member will:
- Confirm Carrollton Public Library does not own it
- Offer to check another area library's collection where you could borrow the item for free
- Give you the Carrollton Public Library Interlibrary Loan Form to complete
There is a $2.25 postage/courier reimbursement fee for each filled interlibrary loan request.
This charge must be paid even if you choose not to come pick up the item.
Requirements to Request
- Carrollton resident
- Valid Carrollton Public Library card at time of request AND pick up of item
- Fees under $10 when combined with the interlibrary loan charge of $2.25
- 2-4 weeks generally
We cannot guarantee a requested interlibrary loan item will arrive in a timely manner.
If you have a time constraint, ask staff at the service desk about other options you may pursue.
What Can Be Requested
All requests are subject to the limits listed on this page.
- Books on CD
- NO items owned by the Carrollton Public Library
- NO items published within the past 12 months
- NO genealogical material