You are eligible for Deferred Disposition IF:
- You do not possess a CDL license (Commercial Driver’s License).
- You have not participated in any deferred disposition program during the past one year, calculated from date of previous dismissal to the date of your current citation.
- You are not currently participating in a Deferred Disposition in any other Court.
- You have not received more than two final convictions for traffic offenses, class “C” misdemeanors or ordinance.
- You are not charged with speeding in excess of 24 mph over the speed limit.
- You are not charged with a violation occurring in a construction zone.
- You have not already paid your fine which resulted in a final conviction in this case.
- If you are under the age of 25 see below.*
Requests for a Deferral MUST be Made in Person or by Mail. If you are eligible you may sign up for Deferred Disposition by providing the following 3 items to the Court:
1) The Required Fee:
|Alleged Violation||Non-School Violations||School Zone Violations|
|1-10 MPH Over Limit||$217.00||
|11-20 MPH Over Limit||$237.00||$287.00|
|21-24 MPH Over Limit||$267.00||$307.00|
|Fail to Yield Right of Way||$217.00||$267.00|
|Improper Entrance/Exit Freeway||$217.00||$267.00|
2) The Deferred Disposition Request and Affidavit form (completed).
3) A copy of your valid drivers license.
* UNDER AGE 25 - If you are under age 25 and you want to request Deferred Disposition (probation) you will be instructed by the judge to a take a Drivers Safety Course (to be eligible for Deferred Disposition).
Requests MUST be Made in Person or by Mail