Please read all of the instructions and requirements on this page carefully.
You are eligible for a Driving Safety Course if:
- You have a valid Non-CDL Texas Driver’s License,
- You have not already paid your fine which resulted in a final conviction in this case,
- You have evidence of financial responsibility (liability insurance),
- You are not charged with speeding in excess of 24 miles per hour over the speed limit, or 95 mph or more,
- You are not charged with a violation occurring in a construction zone,
- You have not taken a Driving Safety Course within the last 12 months (Calculated from the date of course completion to the date of your current citation).
- You are NOT eligible for the Driving Safety Course if you received a 10-day extension.
If you are eligible you may sign up for a Driving Safety Course by providing the following to the Court:
- Required fee:
Moving violations not occurring in School Zone - $ 144.00
Moving violations occurring in a School Zone - $ 169.00
- A copy of your valid Texas Driver’s License.
- A copy of your liability insurance card or other evidence of the required financial responsibility.
- The Driving Safety Affidavit form above (completed).
- The Driving Safety Request form above (completed).
Note: Note: A 2% service fee is added to credit/debit card payments.
THE FIVE (5) ITEMS NUMBERED ABOVE MUST BE SUBMITTED ON OR BEFORE YOUR RESPONSE DATE. LATE OR INCOMPLETE REQUESTS WILL BE REJECTED. A REPLY WILL BE MAILED TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS. IF YOU FAIL TO RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN 2 WEEKS CALL THE COURT OFFICE. REMEMBER TO ENTER A PLEA ON THE REQUEST FORM.
Requests may be made in person, online or by mail.
Important: Your request must be received by the court on or before the response date at the bottom of your citation.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE: Along with the certificate from your Driver's Safety Course, you are required by law to provide a copy of your driving record from the Texas DPS (you can print a form to mail in or complete the request online to immediately obtain a copy of your driving record). NOTE: You must select option "3A" on the DPS mail in form or the DPS web site in order to obtain the required version of your driving record. The Driver's Safety Certificate and the certified copy of your driving record must be submitted to the court within 90 days of the date on which the court approves your request to take the course.
Printable Show Cause Waiver form
If you signed up with the court to take a Drivers Safety Course to dismiss a citation but failed to complete the course on time, you may avoid appearing in court by printing out the Show Cause Waiver form, completing it and returning it to the court along with a payment of $200.00. If you chose to do this your citation will go to conviction and will be reflected on your record.