Severe weather (snow, ice, high winds, etc.) may necessitate the temporary closure of City Leisure Services facilities. During adverse weather conditions, the public is advised to limit driving to minimize accidents, falls and other weather related incidents. To comply with public safety advisories, the following leisure services facilities may be closed:
|Rosemeade Recreation Center
Crosby Recreation Center
Oak Creek Tennis Center
Carrollton Senior Center
A.W. Perry Homestead Museum
Public Safety Closure Announcements
Weekdays: City facility closures (including city leisure facilities) are announced on area television and radio stations. Tune in to the following stations for public service announcements:
- Television Channels: 5 (KXAS/NBC), 8 (WFAA/ABC), 11 (KTVT/CBS), 4 (KDFW), 33 (KDAF/FOX)
- Radio Stations: KRLD (1080 AM), WBAP (820 AM), KLIF (570 AM)
Weekends: Public safety and city officials will evaluate road conditions and determine appropriate closure schedules by 6 am and/or 1 pm during inclement weather.
For our customers’ convenience, automated telephone messages regarding inclement weather operating schedules are recorded as conditions warrant.
Important Customer Information
- Check with recreation instructors about make-up dates for cancelled classes due to weather closures.
- City leisure facilities may close early when road conditions are hazardous.
- Public meetings and programs scheduled in community meeting rooms are cancelled when facilities are closed.
- All programs and classes are cancelled when facilities are closed or are operating on limited hours.