Criteria for Jimmy Porter Award Nominees
1. Nominee must have volunteered in one of the recognized Carrollton Youth Sport Leagues, which include:
- Aqua Racers Swim Team
- Carrollton-Farmers Branch Soccer Association
- Carrollton-Farmers Branch Baseball Association
- Carrollton-Farmers Branch Girl's Softball League
- Carrollton Youth Football
- Carrollton Youth Basketball
- Carrollton Youth Volleyball
- Carrollton Youth Track & Field
- Special Olympics Texas - Local Chapter
2. Nominee must have volunteered within the most recent twelve (12) month period.
3. Nominee shall not have received any compensation for time and activities being considered as justification for receiving the Jimmy Porter Award.
4. Nominee must be 18 years or older.
5. Nominee must not be a current Parks and Recreation Board Member.
*Time volunteered on behalf of teams, leagues or activities affiliated with a CFBISD school does not qualify. It is also not a requirement that the nominee or individual making the nomination be a Carrollton resident.
Jimmy Porter Award Selection Process
1. Nominations will be accepted until 11:30am on Friday, February 26, 2021.
2. The Parks and Recreation Board will review the nominations and select the final recipient.
3. The Jimmy Porter Award winner will be announced virtually during a ceremony in the spring.