Due to a recent cyber attack, many of the City of Carrollton maps are not available at this time.
For zoning on a property please contact Planning at 972-466-3040 and someone will help you.
Cutoff dates for accepting new Planning & Zoning applications is the last Tuesday of every month.
If you wish to receive copies of the P&Z agenda by email, please contact us as we rebuild our data logs due to the cyber attack.
Welcome to the Carrollton Planning Department. Our web pages are intended to provide you with general references, answers to common questions, and frequently-used forms.
Planning is located on the first floor of the Carrollton City Hall (location map), 1945 East Jackson Road (one block north of the intersection of Keller Springs Road and Josey Lane).
Our mailing address is:
City of Carrollton
1945 E. Jackson Road
Carrollton, Texas 75006
Our phone number is:
Our office hours are:
Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (closed Friday afternoon)
The Carrollton Planning Department:
- Provides information and advice regarding zoning and land use to enable people to make sound decisions about growth and development in the community.
- Handles applications for changes to the Comprehensive Plan and/or zoning, and makes recommendations to the Planning & Zoning Commission and City Council.
- Administers requests for Special Use Permits, and makes recommendations on them to the Planning & Zoning Commission and City Council.
- Processes applications for the subdivision of land ("platting"), and makes recommendations on them to the Planning & Zoning Commission.
- Advises and assists applicants in the development of their property.
- Monitors the long-range needs of the community.
Watch Planning & Zoning Commission meetings on the City of Carrollton government access cable channels (Time-Warner channel 15-1; Charter channel 10) according to the following schedule:
|Monday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Friday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Saturday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
Note: the meetings are taped, so broadcast of a new meeting is usually delayed by 2 or 3 days. Previous meetings will continue to be broadcast until the new tapes are ready. Double-check your program guide, as broadcasts may be reschedued on occasion.
- Ravi Shah, CBO
Director of Development Services
- Loren Shapiro, AICP Chief Planner
- Michael McCauley, Senior Planner
- Molly J. Coryell, Planner