Welcome to the Carrollton Planning Department
The Planning & Zoning Commission meeting will be held online, and closed to in-person attendance by the public at City Hall. A temporary suspension of certain provisions of the Open Meetings Act to allow telephone or videoconference has been granted by Texas Governor Greg Abbott. These actions are being taken to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Telephonic and videoconferencing capabilities will be utilized to allow individuals to address the Planning and Zoning Commission.
Telephone or video link to access the meeting and provide comment during the public hearing will be included in the meeting agenda posted on the P&Z Agenda web page. Additionally, comments may be submitted to the Planning and Zoning Commission through the Planning Department, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cutoff dates for accepting new Planning & Zoning applications is the last Tuesday of every month.
Our mailing address is:
City of Carrollton
1945 E. Jackson Road
Carrollton, Texas 75006
Our phone number is:
Our office hours are:
Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (closed Friday afternoon)
The Carrollton Planning Department:
- Provides information and advice regarding zoning and land use to enable people to make sound decisions about growth and development in the community.
- Handles applications for changes to the Comprehensive Plan and/or zoning, and makes recommendations to the Planning & Zoning Commission and City Council.
- Administers requests for Special Use Permits, and makes recommendations on them to the Planning & Zoning Commission and City Council.
- Processes applications for the subdivision of land ("platting"), and makes recommendations on them to the Planning & Zoning Commission.
- Advises and assists applicants in the development of their property.
- Monitors the long-range needs of the community.
Watch Planning & Zoning Commission meetings on the City of Carrollton government access cable channels (Time-Warner channel 15-1; Charter channel 10) according to the following schedule:
|Monday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Friday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Saturday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
Note: the meetings are taped, so broadcast of a new meeting is usually delayed by 2 or 3 days. Previous meetings will continue to be broadcast until the new tapes are ready. Double-check your program guide, as broadcasts may be reschedued on occasion.
- Ravi Shah, CBO
Director of Development Services
- Loren Shapiro, AICP Planning Manager
- Michael McCauley, Senior Planner
- Molly J. Coryell, Planner