Effective January 2018, cutoff dates for accepting new Planning & Zoning applications will be the last Tuesday of every month.
A public hearing to institute annexation proceedings to enlarge and extend the boundary limits of the City of Carrollton will be conducted by the City Council in the City Hall Council Chambers, 1945 E. Jackson Road, at 7:00 p.m., work session beginning at 5:45 p.m. February 19, 2019, with final action to be taken on April 2, 2019 regarding the following:
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF CARROLLTON, TEXAS ANNEXING APPROXIMATELY 6.159 ACRES LOCATED WITHIN THE ENTIRE RIGHT OF WAY OF HEBRON PARKWAY BETWEEN MARSH LANE AND MIDWAY ROAD, IN THE JOHN M. MYERS SURVEY, ABSTRACT NO. 882, DENTON COUNTY, TEXAS; EXTENDING THE BOUNDARY LIMITS OF SAID CITY SO AS TO INCLUDE THE HEREINAFTER DESCRIBED PROPERTY WITHIN SAID CITY LIMITS; ADOPTING A SERVICE PLAN PROVIDING FOR THE EXTENSION OF MUNICIPAL SERVICES TO THE AREA SO ANNEXED; PROVIDING A SEVERABILITY CLAUSE AND AN EFFECTIVE DATE ON AND AFTER ADOPTION AND PUBLICATION.
At said time and place all such persons shall have the right to appear and be heard. Of all said matters and things, all persons interested in the things and matters herein mentioned, will take notice.
Welcome to the Carrollton Planning Department. Our web pages are intended to provide you with general references, answers to common questions, and frequently-used forms.
Planning is located on the first floor of the Carrollton City Hall (location map), 1945 East Jackson Road (one block north of the intersection of Keller Springs Road and Josey Lane).
Our mailing address is:
City of Carrollton
1945 E. Jackson Road
Carrollton, Texas 75006
Our phone number is:
Our office hours are:
Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (closed Friday afternoon)
The Carrollton Planning Department:
- Provides information and advice regarding zoning and land use to enable people to make sound decisions about growth and development in the community.
- Handles applications for changes to the Comprehensive Plan and/or zoning, and makes recommendations to the Planning & Zoning Commission and City Council.
- Administers requests for Special Use Permits, and makes recommendations on them to the Planning & Zoning Commission and City Council.
- Processes applications for the subdivision of land ("platting"), and makes recommendations on them to the Planning & Zoning Commission.
- Advises and assists applicants in the development of their property.
- Monitors the long-range needs of the community.
Watch Planning & Zoning Commission meetings on the City of Carrollton government access cable channels (Time-Warner channel 15-1; Charter channel 10) according to the following schedule:
|Monday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Friday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Saturday||7 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
Note: the meetings are taped, so broadcast of a new meeting is usually delayed by 2 or 3 days. Previous meetings will continue to be broadcast until the new tapes are ready. Double-check your program guide, as broadcasts may be reschedued on occasion.
- Ravi Shah, CBO
Director of Development Services
- Loren Shapiro, AICP Chief Planner
- Michael McCauley, Senior Planner
- Molly J. Coryell, Planner