On February 18, 2003, the Carrollton City Council adopted an updated Comprehensive Plan. The Comprehensive Plan is a statement of community values, ideals and aspirations about Carrollton's future environment, and serves as the official policy of the City regarding physical development. It is a guide for future decisions by the City.
The Plan is used:
- To help set priorities for capital improvement expenditures;
- As a guide for the acquisition and development of sites for community facilities;
- As a guide for the acquisition and protection of major open space;
- As a response to the Texas Local Government Code stating that zoning regulations should be adopted in accordance with a Comprehensive Plan;
- As a basis for zoning and subdivision regulations;
- As a guide for preparation of detailed physical plans for sub-areas of the City, and;
- To help guide the establishment of programs and policies by which the City will achieve the type of development reflected in this Plan.
You can open and read each chapter of the Comprehensive Plan by clicking on the appropriate link below.*
Cover and Table of Contents
Cover, Table of Contents, Amendments 213 K
Ch 1: Introduction 138 K
Ch 2: Executive Summary 64 K
Ch 3: Background 499 K
Ch 4: Future Land Use 346 K
Ch 5: Urban Design 136 K
Ch 6: Community Facilities 658 K
Ch 7: Transportation Plan 375 K
Ch 8: Economic Development 17 K
Ch 9: Implementation Strategies 77 K
Future Land Use Plan Map Comp Plan Map (929 K)
Transportation Plan Map Comp Plan Map (846 K)
Trails Master Plan Routes (JPG image)
*For best results, right-click and save the larger files to your own hard drive, then open them from there.
To open and read PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have this program, you can download it for free!
Questions? Problems with the page?
Click here to send us an e-mail.