PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION
Briefing Session and Meeting
October 7, 2021
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 2nd Floor
CITY HALL, 1945 E. Jackson Rd.
TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
BRIEFING SESSION - 6:15 p.m. - COUNCIL CHAMBERS
Staff will do a brief presentation on each of the items on the regular agenda. No public testimony will be allowed during the briefing.
REGULAR MEETING – CALL TO ORDER: 7:00 p.m. - COUNCIL CHAMBERS
The public may comment on items listed on the agenda for Planning and Zoning Commission action.
1. MINUTES: Approval of the September 2, 2021 meeting.
2. Consider And Take Final Action On A Replat Of Newcrest Centre Part 2 Subdivision, Lot 2, Block A, For An Approximately 1.05 Acre Tract Located At 2672 Old Denton Road, Establishing New Easements. Case No. PLRP 2021-139 Newcrest Centre Part 2 Subdivision, Lot 2R, Block A. Case Coordinator: Molly J. Coryell.
3. Consider And Take Final Action On A Replat Of Texas Highlands Phase 3, For An Approximately 6.26 Acre Tract Located At 3005 Belmeade Drive, Establishing New Easements. Case No. PLRP 2021-143 Texas Highlands Phase 3. Case Coordinator: Molly J. Coryell.
4. Consider And Take Final Action On A Replat For Carrollton Gateway, Lot 1, Block A, For An Approximately 3.993-Acre Tract Located In The Vicinity Of The Southwest Corner Of Dickerson Parkway And North Broadway Street For The Abandonment Of Easements And The Dedication Of Right-Of-Way. Case No. PLRP 2021-147 Carrollton Gateway, Lot 1R, Block A. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
5. Consider And Take Final Action On A Technical Site Plan For A Drive-Through Window For An Approximately 0.618-Acre Tract Located At 3330 East Trinity Mills Road. Case No. PLTSP 2021-141 Salad And Go Drive-Through. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
6. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider An Ordinance To Establish A Special Use Permit For Automobile Or Light Load Truck Sales (Used) On A 2.0-Acre Tract Zoned (LI) Light Industrial And Located At 1510 Randolph Street, Suites 406; Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. PLSUP 2021-135 Big Toy Powersports. Case Coordinator: Molly J. Coryell.
7. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider An Ordinance Amending The Zoning To Establish A Special Use Permit For An Automobile Or Light Load Truck Sales (Used And New) On An Approximately 24,000 Square Foot Lease Space Zoned (LI) Light Industrial And Located At 2707 Realty Drive, Suites 108 and 110; Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. PLSUP 2021-150 iDrive1 Motorcars Expansion. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
8. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider An Ordinance To Establish A Special Use Permit For A Communications Tower On An Approximately 4.7-Acre Tract Zoned PD-139 For The (LR-2) Local Retail District And Located At The Southeast Corner Of North Josey Lane And East Trinity Mills Road, Increasing The Allowable Maximum Height From 75 Feet To Up To 90 Feet; Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. PLSUP 2021-157 Dish Wireless Tower Extension. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
9. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider An Ordinance Amending The Zoning On An Approximately 5-Acre Tract Zoned PD-218 For The (O-2) Office District And Located At The Northwest Corner Of Josey Lane And Walnut Avenue To Amend Planned Development District 218 To Revise Conceptual Plans And Modify The Development Standards, Including Increasing The Maximum Building Height, Allowing An Other Individual & Family Services Facility With Ancillary Uses; Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. Case No. PLZ 2021-149 Metrocrest Services Revised. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
10. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider An Ordinance Amending The Text of Various Articles Of The Zoning Ordinance (CZO) To Amend Article XXVII. Performance Standards To Remove The Requirements In Subsection N.1 For Solar Energy Systems; To Amend Article XXXII. Board of Adjustment (Board) To Remove Subsection E.3.b.iii.k Regarding Variance Requirements For Solar Panels; And To Amend Article XXXII. Subsection E.3.c.iv To Add A Provision Regarding What May Be Considered By The Board Related To Unnecessary Hardship; And To Amend The Appendix To Remove Figure 4.2. Case No PLZT 2021-133 CZO Text Amendments. Case Coordinator: Molly J. Coryell.
a. Staff Reports
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS AND THE PUBLIC
The meeting is being recorded.
Speakers must address their comments to the presiding officer rather than to individual Planning and Zoning Commissioners or staff and shall only do so when called upon by the Chair. State your name and address prior to beginning your remarks. Speakers will be allowed between 2 and 5 minutes for testimony. Speakers making personal, impertinent, profane or slanderous remarks may be removed from the meeting. In accordance with the State Open Meetings Act, the Planning and Zoning Commission is restricted from discussing or taking action on items not listed on the agenda.
Pursuant to Section 551.071 of the Texas Government Code, the Planning & Zoning Commission reserves the right to consult in a closed meeting with its attorney and receive legal advice regarding any item listed on this agenda.
The Planning & Zoning Commission holds regular meetings on the first Thursday of each month. Special meetings may be held on the third Thursday of each month or as needed. If the meeting date is canceled, postponed or rescheduled, notice will be posted at City Hall.
October 1, 2021
CITY HALL AND CITY WEB SITE
CERTIFICATE – I certify that the above agenda giving notice of this meeting was posted at City Hall and on the City of Carrollton, Texas Planning & Zoning web site on the First day of October 2021 at 9:00 a.m.