PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION
July 2, 2020
Join the Briefing at 6:00 p.m. and the Regular Meeting at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom at:
Or By Calling: US: +1 346 248 7799
Webinar ID: 828 9614 5002
(Links below are to PDF files for individual case reports. Due to images, some files may be quite large. For best results, "right-click" and "save target as" to your own hard drive, then open the PDF file from there.)
If you prefer a single file with the entire agenda, click here.
TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
BRIEFING SESSION - 6:00 pm
Staff will do a brief presentation on each of the items on the regular agenda. No public testimony will be allowed during the briefing.
REGULAR MEETING – CALL TO ORDER: 7:00 pm
1. MINUTES: Approval of the June 18, 2020 meeting.
2. Consider Action On A Special Development Plan For Mixed-Use Multifamily With Retail/Restaurant For An Approximately 4-Acre Tract Located Between I-35E And Broadway Street, South Of Dickerson Parkway. Case No. PLDP 2020-29 Carrollton Gateway (MF Special Development Plan). Case Coordinator: Loren Shapiro.
3. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider An Ordinance Amending the Zoning To Establish A Special Use Permit For Warehouse/Distribution On An 22.16-Acre Tract Zoned (FWY) Freeway District And Located At 2643 N. IH 35E And Along The West Side Of I-35E North Of The George Bush Turnpike; Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. 2020-043 Point I-35/190. Case Coordinator: Loren Shapiro.
4. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider An Ordinance Amending the Zoning To Establish A Special Use Permit For Warehouse/Distribution On An Approximately 3.0-Acre Tract Zoned (FWY) Freeway District And Located At 1533 Crescent Drive; Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. PLSUP 2020-42 1533 Crescent Drive. Case Coordinator: Molly J. Coryell.
5. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider An Ordinance Amending the Zoning On An Approximately 4.5-Acre Tract Zoned PD-123 For The (LR-2) Local Retail District And Located On The Northeast Corner Of State Highway 121 And Creek Valley Boulevard To Amend Planned Development District 123 To Amend Conceptual Plans And Modifying Development Standards Allowing A Continuing Care Retirement Community & Assisted Living Facility For The Elderly And Nursing Care Facility (Skilled Nursing Facility); Amending The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. Case No. PLZ 2020-45 Heritage At Creek Valley Revised. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
a. Staff Reports
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS AND PUBLIC
The Planning & Zoning Commission meeting will be closed to in-person attendance by the public. A temporary suspension of the Open Meetings Act to allow telephone or videoconference has been granted by Texas Governor Greg Abbott. These actions are being taken to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Telephonic and videoconferencing capabilities will be utilized to allow individuals to address the Planning and Zoning Commission. The meeting is being recorded; if you have testimony, please give your name and address prior to your remarks.
Pursuant to Section 551.071 of the Texas Government Code, the Planning & Zoning Commission reserves the right to consult in a closed meeting with its attorney and receive legal advice regarding any item listed on this agenda.
The Planning & Zoning Commission holds regular meetings on the first Thursday of each month. Special meetings may be held on the third Thursday of each month or as needed. If the meeting date is canceled, postponed or rescheduled, notice will be posted at City Hall. The Planning & Zoning Commission follows the printed agenda.